SPECIAL OFFERTOTALLY FREE SHIPPING and ASSEMBLY When Shipped To Store See details
Diamondback Mason Pro 29er Mountain Bike - 2014All new for 2014, the Diamondback Mason Pro 29er Mountain Bike is designed to be a fully equipped all-mountain 29er hardtail inspired by the trails of Diamondback's home--the Pacific Northwest. As 29er innovations emerge, Diamondback's designers felt that although the 29" wheel size has obvious advantages such as angle of attack and ease of obstacle clearing, many 29ers forced a sacrifice in center of balance handling. And thus the Mason was born. In the words of those very designers, this rig is slack and low slung -- meant for today's shredder who wants to pedal up but charge down with aggressiveness.
The Mason Pro's frame is lightweight butted 6061 aluminum, the industry's primary choice for many high-end road and mountain race bikes, used because of its shape-ability, superior strength, and resistance to corrosion. The geometry is slung back to maximize downhill assault with ease and speed. To accompany this, Mason needed plenty of beef and plenty of travel in the fork, so the choice was the Fox 34 FLOAT 29 CTD with an impressive 140mm of travel and a 15mm quick release thru-axle. What this means in translation is very solid downhill and cross-country control that absorbs jumps and obstacles relentlessly with no fear of losing performance under extreme pressure.
As an additional measure of total all-mountain readiness, Mason Pro's designers chose a simple 1 x 10 gearing that is powered by a RaceFace Respond crank and a SRAM X9 shifting setup. The promise of this configuration is smooth, instantaneous shifting in any conditions for any steep terrain situation. The prevailing opinion amongst competitive all-mountain riders is that the need for multiple front shifting options does not exist. A 32t front ring and an 11-36t SRAM cassette give you all the climbing and accelerating power you need--after all, in real all-mountain riding situations, gravity will give you all the momentum you need for insane top speeds.
Avid Elixir 5 hydraulic disc brakes deliver excellent stopping power and finger-sensitive modulation for increased trail control. They're also designed to resist brake fade that lesser brake systems encounter under extreme downhill/high rotor heat situations. Add in a slew of high-performing alloy parts such as Raceface Respond handlebars and stem, and roll it all on a pair of super light, super strong alloy double wall rims and Kenda Nevegal tires, and you'll experience all-mountain riding in its purest, simplest, and most exciting form.
- Diamondback proprietary All Mountain 29'er Aluminum Frame
- 29" diameter wheels for navigating larger obstacles
- Hydraulic disc brakes for premier stopping power
- FOX Front Suspension for a superior cushion and ride
- 1 × 10 drivetrain gearing; a simple approach to trail domination
Diamondback Mason Pro 29er Mountain Bike - 2014
- bottom bracket:
- Raceface BB
- AVID Elixir 5 Hydraulic Disc w/180mm frt 160mm rr HS-1 rotors
- SRAM PG-1030 10spd Cassette (11-36t)
- SRAM PC-1031 Power Link - Gold
- RACEFACE Respond w/ NEW 32t Narrow-Wide Single Ring w/outboard bearing BB
- Fox 34 FLOAT 29 CTD air, 140mm, open cartridge, w/ ext. rebound, butted Alloy 1.5 Tapered steerer, 34mm Easton aluminum stanchions, magnesium lowers, w/QR15 thru axle
- Mason 29" All Mountain 6061-T6 Weapons Grade Aluminum w/formed Top Tube, Butted / Formed Down Tube / Seatstays, Tapered Head Tube, ISCG, 142x12mm Maxle Drop out
- front derailleur:
- MRP 1X - D mount chain guide
- DB4L "Lock on" 135mm Kraton
- RACEFACE Respond 740mm riser bar 31.8mm
- FSA No57 Taper 1.5 / 1 1/8" Alloy cups, Sealed Cartridge
- AVID Elixir 5 Hydraulic Levers with reach adj
- DB Sound Alloy w/ molded traction pins
- rear derailleur:
- SRAM X-9, Type 2 10spd
- rear shock:
- DB MASON Signature saddle
- Crank Brothers Kronolog Dropper 30.9
- SRAM X-9 10spd trigger
- RACEFACE Respond Stem 45mm / 60mm ext.
- KENDA Nevegal 29x2.2 frt / Slant 6 29x2.0 rear, Folding
- WTB I-23, 29" 32h, single eyelet, Doublewall Disc
You May Also Like
- GT Zaskar 100 9R Expert 29er Mountain Bike - 2014 Our Price: $4,948.99 SALE: $3,299.00