SPECIAL OFFERTOTALLY FREE SHIPPING and ASSEMBLY When Shipped To Store See details
Diamondback Mission 26" Mountain Bike - 2014Hit the trails hard on the Diamondback Mission 26" full suspension mountain bike. Built around Diamondback's legendary Knuckle Box suspension system technology, this is the bike to go for if you find yourself constantly saying "if I could only have one bike". The Mission was designed for Enduro and All mountain riders to help them take their game to a new level. Nice and nimble on 26" wheels with a cushy suspension that can deal with almost anything on the trail, this is a bike that begs to be ridden hard and pushed to the limits.
With 6 big inches of front and rear travel thanks to a Fox front and rear suspension, the Mission is a bike that brings plenty of trail taming weaponry to any ride. The frame is created from 6061-T6 weapons grade aluminum with a hydroformed top tube and butted downtube, seatstays and a tapered headtube to give you a stiff, fast, exhilarating ride like nothing you've ever experienced. But at the heart of it all is Diamondback Knuckle Box.
The Knuckle Box, or bell crank, is the core of the single-pivot four-bar suspension platform. Optimally placed pivots equate to a low leverage ratio, and ultimately to superior pedaling efficiency and small-bump compliance. This also allows the shock to work more efficiently and reduces pedal induced motion. It also reduces overall load on the system which will lead to improved shock and bearing life. Placing the Knuckle Box low within the frame, situates the greatest weight of the bike closer to the bottom bracket, which lowers the bike's center of gravity and allows it to better track and corner.
Where the Mission comes to life is on the descent. On previous versions of the Mission, Diamondback has used both 150mm Fox 32's and 160mm Fox 36's. This year they've deliver the best of all worlds with a 160mm travel Fox 34 Float CTD. A 160mm fork up front allows the front end to sit slack at a capable 67 degrees. The slacker front end eats obstacles with ease and adds more stability on the descents, but doesn't compromise your climbing ability. With loads of travel, external rebound, a tapered steerer, Easton aluminum stanchions, and magnesium lowers, this is a fork that means business.
Shifting is handled by the proven SRAM and Shimano components, with SRAM X-9 Type 2 10-speed rear derailleur, X-7 shifters and a Shimano Deore dual pull top swing front derailleur. The Raceface Respond crankset with bash guard provides a powerful base for maximum speed and acceleration. Stopping power is supplied with some excellent Avid Elixir 5 hydraulic disc brakes that offer well-modulated, powerful braking performance when you need it most.
Round everything off with some Easton components and a set of 32h double wall 26" rims laced to an alloy sealed cartridge bearing hub, and you've got the ride you've been waiting for.
- Stiff and responsive weapons-grade 6061-T6 aluminum fork excels on descents
- Knuckle Box suspension with a Fox Float shock helps tame even the gnarliest trails
- Fox 34 Float CTD air 160mm travel fork can handle anything you throw at it
- SRAM X-9 and X-7 shifting components deliver bombproof performance and crisp shifting in any conditions
- Avid Elixir 5 hydraulic disc brakes provide responsive braking when you need it most
- Kenda Nevegal 26x2.35" tires keep you glued to the trail
Diamondback Mission 26" Mountain Bike - 2014
- bottom bracket:
- Raceface BB
- AVID Elixir 5 Hydraulic Disc w/200mm frt 180mm rr HS-1 rotors
- SRAM PG-1030 10spd Cassette (11-36t)
- SRAM PC-1031 Power Link - Gold
- RACEFACE Respond 10 spd w/outboard bearing BB w/All Mountian guard 24/36/AM
- Fox 34 Float CTD air, 160mm travel, open cartridge, w/ ext. rebound, butted Alloy 1.5 Tapered steerer, 34mm Easton aluminum stanchions, magnesium lowers, w/QR15 thru axle
- Mission All Mountain 6" 6061-T6 Weapons Grade Aluminum w/Hydroformed Top Tube, Butted / Formed Down Tube / Seatstays, Under Arch Seatstay bridge, Tapered Head Tube Knuckle Box Technology, ISCG, 142x12mm E-Thru Axle Drop out
- front derailleur:
- Shimano Deore dual pull, top swing 34.9
- DB4L "Lock on" 135mm Kraton
- DB PROBAR 25mm Rise 740mm width 31.8mm
- FSA No57 Taper 1.5 / 1 1/8"standard cups, Sealed Cartridge
- AVID Elixir 5 Hydraulic Levers with reach adj
- DB Sound Alloy w/ molded traction pins
- rear derailleur:
- SRAM X-9, Type 2 10spd
- rear shock:
- Fox Float, CTD, boost valve, "LV" eyelet, 8.5x2.5" Air, DB Mission Spec, w/rebound adj, w/Climb, Trail, Descend, lever
- WTB Silverado Race SL
- Easton EA50 Double bolt clamp 30.9mm
- SRAM X-7 10spd trigger
- Easton EA50 31.8mm
- KENDA Nevegal 26x2.35, w/STICK-E rubber compound, Folding
- 32h AM260HD Doublewall Disc rims, (F) 32h 15mm thru axle, Alloy, loose ball bearing Disc (R) 32h 142x12 sealed cartridge bearing, 12mm thru axle, Cassette w/ CNC Disc mount, w/ Shimano E-Thru QR Axle