SPECIAL OFFERFREE ASSEMBLY When Shipped To Store See details
2014 Diamondback Sortie 1.0 29er Mountain BikeRoll over it. You'll find yourself saying this more often when you ride the Diamondback Sortie 1.0 29er mountain bike. The Sortie 1.0 simply claws its way over everything you put in its path. The high-end Fox suspension and Shimano components work together to make every ride fluid, fast and fun.
The Sortie 1.0 is designed around their 6061-T6 Weapons Grade Aluminum frame, which features a hydroformed top tube, a butted and formed downtube, a seat stay bridge, tapered headtube, a 135mm x 9mm vertical drop out and Diamondback's legendary Knuckle Box Suspension technology.
The Knuckle Box, or bell crank, is at the core of the single-pivot four-bar suspension platform. Optimally placed pivots equate to a low leverage ratio, and ultimately to superior pedaling efficiency and small-bump compliance. This also allows the shock to work more efficiently and reduces pedal induced motion. It also reduces overall load on the system which will lead to improved shock and bearing life.
The Knucklebox full suspension technology is designed to be "low" and "tight":
- Low center of gravity: All suspension parts are positioned farther down on the frame for a stable and balanced ride.
- Low leverage suspension design: Lower air pressure results in longer shock life, less frame loading and better pedaling.
- Tight, compact linkage system of the Knuckle Box bell crank isolates and cradles the rear shock.
- Tight and large anodized aluminum hardware, matched with Force-Rated Enduro Max Bearings: Withstands higher loads and better handles oscillating motion.
Now, let's talk suspension: the Sortie 1.0 Fox Float CTD Air Shock with Boost Valve rear shock with extra volume features a rebound adjust 3-position ProPedal Platform for a feeling of endless travel like that of a downhill bike, but with XC pedaling efficiency. Dial in climb, trail, or descend mode instantly. The Fox 32 Float CTD 29 RL 120mm travel air fork features rebound, a lever actuated lockout, butted alloy tapered 1.5 steerer, 32mm Easton aluminum stanchions, magnesium lowers, and a standard 9mm quick release drop out. Just like the rear shock, this fork can handle anything you'll see on an epic ride.
Shimano is well-known for its quality components that deliver a high level of performance. A Shimano Dyna-Sys 9-speed Crankset, Shimano Alivio shifters, and an SLX 3×9 front and Deore Shadow-type rear derailleur supply ample gears for technical climbs and wide open descents. WTB Speed Disc 29 Doublewall rims are laced to Diamondback SL-7 alloy hubs for strength. A set of Shimano M445 Hydraulic disc brakes with 180mm front / 160mm rear rotors provide the stopping power and a WTB Vigo Comp saddle provide a comfortable pedaling platform.
- Sortie 29r Trail 4.5" , 6061-T6 Weapons Grade Aluminum frame, Tapered Head Tube, 135mmx9mm Vertical Drop out
- Fox 32 Float CTD 29 Air Fork, 120mm travel, open cartridge, with external rebound and lock out, 9mm QR
- Fox Float CTD Boost Valve LV rear shock
- Shimano Deore 3x9 drivetrain
- WTB Speed Disc 29er Doublewall wheels and WTB Wolverine 2.2 Comp tires
2014 Diamondback Sortie 1.0 29er Mountain Bike
- bottom bracket:
- Shimano BB-ES25 w/Octalink spindle
- Shimano M445 Hydraulic Disc w/ 6-bolt, 180mm frt / 160mm rear Rotors
- Shimano HG61 9spd Cassette (11-34t)
- Shimano HG73 9spd
- Shimano M430 9spd, 3pc, Octalink w/ replaceable rings, 22/32/44t
- Fox 32 Float CTD 29 Air, 120mm travel, open cartridge, with ext. rebound / lock out, butted Alloy Tapered 1.5 steerer, 32mm Easton aluminum stanchions, magnesium lowers, 9mm QR Drop out
- Sortie 29r Trail 4.5" , 6061-T6 Weapons Grade Aluminum w/ Taper Head Tube / Hydroformed Top Tube, Butted / Formed Down Tube / Seatstays, Under Arch Seatstay bridge, Knuckle Box Technology, 135mmx9mm Verticle Drop out
- front derailleur:
- Shimano SLX High Direct Mount 3x9
- DB4L 135mm Kraton
- DB Lazer Series 31.8mm low rise
- FSA No57 Taper 1.5 / 1 1/8" Alloy cups, Sealed Cartridge
- Shimano M445 w/ reach adj.
- DB Toe Clip Compatible alloy
- rear derailleur:
- Shimano SLX 9spd Shadow type
- rear shock:
- Fox Float CTD Boost Valve "LV" eyelet 190x51mm Air w/ rebound adj, Climb, Trail, Descend lever
- WTB VIGO comp
- Diamondback Lazer Series Micro Adjust 31.6mm
- Shimano M430 Alivio 9spd Rapidfire
- DB AL6061 Ahead 7° 31.8mm
- WTB Wolverine 2.2 Comp, Folding
- 32h WTB Speed Disc 29 Doublewall
You May Also Like
- GT Zaskar Carbon 100 9R Elite 29er Mountain Bike - 2013 Our Price: $3,500.00 SALE: $3,499.99