SPECIAL OFFERTotally Free Shipping and Assembly When Shipped To Store See details
Breezer Thunder One Single-Speed Cross Country Mountain Bike - 2014I think everyone here can agree that this bike is just too much fun. The 2014 Breezer Thunder 29 One mountain bike conjures up images of long and winding singletrack trails on a lazy summer afternoon. Many bikes are designed with the thought that they have to accomplish everything that a rider may encounter, even though many mountain bikers won't attempt half of what a bike is capable of. The Thunder 29 One is focused less on doing everything well, and more on doing one thing perfectly; high performance singlespeed greatness.
The Thunder 29er series features Breezer's 6066 aluminum D'Fusion hydroformed tubing, an eccentric bottom bracket shell and a tapered head tube. While many XC bikes utilize a tapered head tube like the Thunder, the Joe Breeze D'Fusion shaped aluminum tubes that make up the frame are the key to unlocking both trail speed and power. The unique D-shaped profile on the top and down tubes near the head tube intersection and at the top tube/seat tube intersection strengthens the design. Significant stress travels through these joints and D'Fusion tubing's broader cross section diffuses that load over a wider area, reducing the risk of fatigue. In the rear triangle, D-Fusion adds rigidity to the chain stays through a wider cross-section, while positioning the broader area outboard to reduce chain suck. D'Fusion tubing eliminates ride-deadening and lets the tubing do the lightweight power transferring was designed to do. Additionally, the Apex disc mount places the rear brake caliper on the chain stay instead of the seat stay. The increased diameter of the chain stay provides a huge increase in torsional stiffness over the smaller seat stay. Not only is braking performance increased and trail chatter decreased, but the brake is also safely protected instead of dangling off the seat stay.
The 32x18 singlespeed drivetrain is versatile enough to handle some steeper terrain, no matter if the direction is down or up. The SRAM AKA 1.1G 2-piece designed crankset features a traditional GXP external bearing bottom bracket for easy service. A pair of Decipher hydraulic disc brakes increase your stopping power on 180/160 rotors, especially in sloppy or wet conditions. They feature reach-adjustable levers, excellent modulation, cold-forged caliper bodies and dual-piston calipers with sintered pads (also compatible with Avid BB5 pads).
Finally, the Thunder 29 One is outfitted with a Oval Concepts handlebar, stem and seatpost. The handlebar has a 710mm width and a slight +/- 5-degree rise and 9-degree sweep. The WTB ST i19 TCS tubeless ready rims are mounted with 2.1" WTB Nano TCS tubeless ready tires to maximize traction and minimize rolling resistance.
- Breezer D'Fusion Hydroformed Custom-Butted 6066 Aluminum frame with Tapered Head Tube and Breezer Eccentric Bottom Bracket
- Rock Shox Reba 29 RL fork with 1.5" Taper Steerer, 15mm Maxle, PushLoc Remote and 100mm of Travel
- Decipher hydraulic disc brakes
- WTB ST i19 TCS 29" Rims (Tubeless-Ready) and 18-tooth cog
- WTB Volt saddle with Satin Steel Rails
Breezer Thunder One Single-Speed Cross Country Mountain Bike - 2014
- bottom bracket:
- Truvativ GXP, Exterior Bearing System
- Decipher Hydraulic Disc Brake, 180mm Front, 160mm Rear
- Breezer Heat-Treated Chromoly Cassette Sprocket, Flip-flop, 18T
- SRAM PC-1
- SRAM AKA 1.1G, 2-Piece Design, 30mm Axle, 32T
- Rock Shox Reba 29 RL, 1.5" Taper Steerer, 15mm MAxle, PushLoc Remote, 100mm Travel
- Breezer D'Fusion Hydroformed Custom-Butted 6066 Aluminum, Tapered Head Tube, Breezer Eccentric Bottom Bracket
- front derailleur:
- Breezer Silicone Race Grips
- Oval Concepts 250, 6061 Aluminum, 31.8, 710mm Wide, +/- 5mm Rise, 9° Sweep
- FSA Orbit 1 1/8"-1 1/2", Fully Integrated, 36° ACB-Sealed, 7.8mm Aluminum Top Cover
- Decipher Hydraulic Disc Brake
- rear derailleur:
- rear shock:
- WTB Volt, Satin Steel Rail
- Oval Concepts 300, 3D-Forged 6061 Aluminum, 27.2mm
- Oval Concepts 313, 3D-Forged 6061 Aluminum, 31.8, 7°/83°
- WTB Nano 29x2.1" TCS (Tubeless-Ready)
- Breezer 15mm Thru-Axle 32H 6-Bolt Front/Breezer Single-Speed Cassette 32H, 6-Bolt Rear, WTB ST i19 TCS 29" Rims (Tubeless-Ready)