SPECIAL OFFERTOTALLY FREE SHIPPING and ASSEMBLY When Shipped To Store See details
Kestrel RT-1000 Ultegra Road Bike - 2014Kestrel was the first bike company to offer a full carbon-fiber frame, and all those years of know-how and refinement have resulted in the stunning Kestrel RT-1000. The 2014 Kestrel RT-1000 Ultegra road bike was born out of the desire to create a bike that was lighter, faster and stiffer from the beginning, and the bike passes on all fronts with flying colors. Every Kestrel bike is engineered from scratch in Philadelphia, PA. It begins with a good idea on piece of paper, then a computer-aided design, and finally to extensive prototyping and rigorous lab testing. The result is a bike that's like nothing else you've ever ridden.
The RT-1000 is made from a special blend of 700k and 800k high modulus carbon fiber that gives the frame a unique road feel. The 700k carbon fiber is stiff, yet allows for increased compliance in certain areas of the bike. The 800k carbon fiber is 30% more stiff, and allows Kestrel to use 20% less material to craft a bike that is exceptionally light, stiff and comfortable. The BB30 press fit bottom bracket increases the frame's rigidity around the crankset and the tapered headtube increase stiffness in the front end. The result is a bike that will take off like a rocket with very little effort.
The shifting is handled by the all-new Shimano Ultegra 6800 11-speed drive train. The Ultegra 6800 lever have been completely reengineered, taking design cues from Dura-Ace 9000 and Ultegra 6770 Di2, and features Vivid Index technology that improves shifting feel and performance. The Shimano Ultegra brakes now offer a two-axle symmetric pivot design that tremendously improved modulation over their 6700-series predecessors. The all-new 11-speed Ultegra front derailleur features a long lever arm that reduces shifting effort while improving performance. The rear derailleur has been reengineered to not only accommodate 11-speed shifting, but it also takes about 13% less effort to initiate a shift, meaning cleaning and crisper shifting.
Oval Concepts has long been revered for producing high quality components. The Oval 527 aero clinchers provide a speed advantage without going overboard and losing comfort. They are outfitted with Vittoria Zaffiro Pro Slick tires that have a slick surface for low rolling resistance and a wider 25c profile for greater stability, especially while cornering. A 700-series saddle with alloy rails and a Kestrel EMS Pro Aero seat post add more efficiency to an already streamlined high performance road bike. The Oval 310 and 313 handlebar and stem are oversized for maximum stiffness under accerlation.
The Kestrel RT-1000 road bike with Ultegra components is the pinnacle of design and modern performance technology. They have made it their passion to save you time and energy with every turn of the pedals.
- Blend of 700K & 800K High Modulus Carbon Fiber frame and Kestrel EMS Pro Full Carbon fork with tapered steerer
- Shimano Ultegra 22-speed drivetrain with Oval Concepts 720 50/34 compact crank set
- Oval Concepts 527 Alloy Clincher wheels
- Kestrel EMS Pro Aero seatpost
- Vittoria Zaffiro Pro Slick tires with 25c width
Kestrel RT-1000 Ultegra Road Bike - 2014
- bottom bracket:
- Oval Concepts external threaded w/ BB30 adaptor
- Shimano Ultegra
- Shimano Ultegra, 11-28T
- KMC X11L, 11-sp
- Oval Concepts 720 hollow forged, 50/34T
- Kestrel EMS Pro Full Carbon, 1 1/8" - 1 1/2" Tapered Steerer
- Blend of 700K & 800K High Modulus Carbon Fiber
- front derailleur:
- Shimano Ultegra, Braze-on
- Kestrel Suede with Gel Padding
- Oval Concepts 310 6061 Alloy, Ergonomic Fit
- FSA Orbit 1 1/8" Top, 1 1/2" Bottom with 15mm Top Cover
- Shimano Ultegra STI
- rear derailleur:
- Shimano Ultegra, 11-speed
- rear shock:
- Oval Concepts 700 w/ CrN-Ti Alloy Rails
- Kestrel EMS Pro Aero
- Shimano Ultegra STI 11-speed
- Oval Concepts 313 6061 3D-forged 31.8mm +/- 6 degrees
- Vittoria Zaffiro Pro Slick 700 X 25c
- Oval Concepts 527 Alloy Clincher, 27mm rim, 20H Front, 24H Rear
You May Also Like
- Kestrel 4000 Ultegra Triathlon/Time-Trial Bike - 2014 Our Price: $2,749.99 SALE: $2,339.99