SPECIAL OFFERFREE ASSEMBLY When Shipped To Store See details
SE Bikes Wildman 20" BMX Bike - 2014The trick to buying an entry-level Dirt/Street/Park bike for a smaller rider (4'4"-5") is finding one that has the right geometry, the right gearing, the right look (yes, it's important) that isn't too heavy, and that won't break the bank. SE has decades of experience designing and engineering BMX bikes, and the Wildman is a prime example of a D/S/P Freestyle bike that gets you what you need for a price that you like.
Wildman's hi-tensile steel frame and fork use new butting technology that allows shapers to shave considerable weight while retaining the strength needed to stand the rigors of D/S/P riding. Chromoly bikes are lighter (the material of high-end D/S/P bikes), but also command considerably more in price. At an overall weight of 25 lbs, Wildman isn't going to be notably heavier than most of its counterparts at the skatepark, and certainly will deliver the performance a rider needs to learn flatland tricks, ramp riding, or even big-air dirt jumping.
Equally important for developing freestyle skills is that the geometry is conducive. At 19 ½", Wildman's top tube is sized for younger riders in the 4'4"-5" range. This compact geometry allows the rider to manipulate the bike without too much collateral weight shifting around...this applies for learning tailwhips, manuals, 180 air tricks, and big air jumps...the rider will get the same feel over the bike that older/larger riders feel on their bikes.
A 170mm one-piece crank can take almost any beating, and a slew of aluminum alloy components and wheels keep the weight down and the performance up. Notably, Tektro alloy U-brakes with alloy levers give great stopping power for enhanced street safety, but also offer excellent modulation so that the rider can regulate speed--an absolutely critical element to executing any trick.
A strong, light, and safe bike that brings the right geometry, the right components, and the right look to the street, the park, or the dirt jam, the Wildman will make a wild man of your young man (or woman) in this exciting stage of rider development.
- Slightly smaller frame suits younger riders who are learning ramp or street tricks
- Overall lightweight is conducive for successful rider development
- Tektro alloy brakes provide safe, instant stopping and also even modulation for speed regulation
- Includes a pair of pegs for grinding tricks
SE Bikes Wildman 20" BMX Bike - 2014
- bottom bracket:
- American BB
- Tektro FX340D U-Brake, Soft-Compound Shoes
- 9T Driver
- KMC Z410A
- 1-pc, 170mm, American BB, 25T SE Bubble Sprocket
- Tapered Legs, 3/8" Dropouts w/ 32mm Offset
- New 2014 Frame Design, American BB, 5mm Dropouts, Integrated Seat Clamp
- front derailleur:
- SE DSP Grip w/ Rubber SE End Plugs
- SE Wing Bar, 27.5" x 7.5"
- Tange 1-1/8" Threadless
- Tektro 319AC, 2-Finger Alloy
- SE Nylon Fiber
- rear derailleur:
- rear shock:
- Lightweight SE Seat/Post Combo w/ Padding
- Integrated Alloy, 25.4mm
- SE Top-Load Alloy, Lightweight External Cutouts, Hidden Top Cap
- Innova 20" x 2.25" F, 20" x 2.20" R
- SE Alloy 36H 3/8" F & 14mm R Hubs with Alloy Rims, 9T Driver