SPECIAL OFFERTotally Free Shipping and Assembly When Shipped To Store See details
Schwinn Mesa 2 Women's 26" Mountain Bike - 2014It can be very difficult to find a women's specific mountain bike that is versatile, comfortable, but is still tough enough to handle some off road riding at the local park or greenway. The Schwinn Mesa 2 is a bike that is right at home home cruising around the neighborhood, going for a long weekend ride, and hitting a few trails along the way.
For starters, Mesa 2 features an aluminum frame--the same material as higher-end bikes, and an SR Suntour 80mm travel fork create a solid platform for some entry level off-road riding that delivers all the shock and strength you'll need for fun and safety.
A Shimano 24-speed drivetrain gives the rider easy pedaling on steep inclines, excellent mid-speed ratios for acceleration, and plenty of gears to maintain top speeds or downhill speeds. The Shimano Altus/Acera derailleur and Rapid-fire shifter combination uses shifting technology that is fully responsive, ultra reliable, and very easy to master.< Mesa 2 also features mechanical disc brakes that not only have excellent stopping power to help you stop on a dime, but also require very little finger power as you apply pressure for slowing around corners or on descents--the value of good brake modulation cannot be overstated for purposes of safety and performance, and V-brakes are well known for consistent stopping power in all weather.
Lastly, where lesser brands might adorn and entry-level bike with a heavier, weaker set of steel handlebars, stem, or seatpost, Schwinn has opted to keep the quality level consistently higher. All of these components on Mesa 2 are aluminum alloy which is lighter than steel and highly resistant to corrosion. The Mesa 2 is a bike that is all-purpose for the active woman and can also introduce you to the joy and excitement of trail riding.
- Exclusively Available to Ship to Any Retail Location
- Schwinn MTB aluminum 26" MTB frame with SR Suntour80mm travel suspension fork is light and provides a controlled ride on light trails with moderate obstacles--also very comfortable around the neighborhood or town
- 26" alloy wheelset is light, strong, and corrosion resistant
- Shimano Altus/Acera components with 24-speed drivetrain for reliable, efficient shifting and climbing/accelerating/top speed efficiency ProMax Mechanical disc brakes for excellent stopping power in any conditions
- Alloy handlebars, seatpost, and stem are light, strong, and corrosion resistant
Schwinn Mesa 2 Women's 26" Mountain Bike - 2014
- bottom bracket:
- Promax mechanical disc, 160 mm rotors
- Shimano HG31, 11-32t, 8-speed
- KMC Z72, 8-speed
- SR Suntour XCC alloy 42/34/24t
- SR Suntour XCT with 80 mm travel
- Schwinn MTB trail aluminum step through
- front derailleur:
- Shimano Altus
- Schwinn MTB trail grips
- MTB steel, 25.4, 20 mm rise
- Threadless, 1 1/8"
- Shimano ST-EF51
- Resin body with reflector
- rear derailleur:
- Shimano Acera 8-speed
- rear shock:
- Schwinn trail MTB
- Alloy, 27.2 × 350
- Shimano ST-EF51 EZ Fire
- Schwinn S2 MTB alloy, 25.4
- Innova MTB, 26 × 2.0
- Weinmann ZAC19 double wall 32 hole w/alloy QR Disc hubs