SPECIAL OFFERTotally Free Shipping and Assembly When Shipped To Store See details
GT ZUM Flat Bar Road Bike - 2014 Performance ExclusiveThe GT ZUM has been a staple of the Performance bike lineup for many years. The bike is so functionally simple and easy to maintain while being a comfortable mode of transportation at the same time. The 2014 iteration of the ZUM stays true to the many reasons why cyclists choose it as their preferred everyday bike.
The GT ZUM utilizes GT's patented Triple Triangle frame design. The Triple Triangle, which is created at the intersection of the seat tube and tope tube by the seat stays, has been a staple to GT's mountain bike frame designs for two decades. The design displaces the jostling and vibration of the road and trail more effectively, giving the rider a greater feeling of comfort and control. The frame accommodates a 700c wheel and tire for lower rolling resistance and better wheel development per pedal stroke. The compact geometry of the ZUM places the rider in a more upright position to reduce muscle stress on the neck, wrists, hands and back, while allowing for a greater field of vision.
The ZUM features high quality components to handle any number of tasks you may encounter. In order to keep things simple and hassle-free, the ZUM has one chainring and 8-speeds, which is typically more than anyone will need on a given ride around the neighborhood or city streets. A Shimano flat bar shifter and Alivio rear derailleur handle the duties. Promax linear pull brakes are engaged by way of alloy 3-finger levers for plenty of braking strength. Alloy Xrimmed wheels with Schwalbe Road Cruiser tires provide strong traction and water-shedding grip. The ZUM is also fender and rack ready.
- GT Triple Triangle frame design is durable and made from aluminum
- Single ring Shimano 8-speed drivetrain keeps it simple, hassle-free
- Alloy 3-finger brake levers are easy to grab and apply to stop
- Rack and fender mounts make this bike a great choice for commuting
GT ZUM Flat Bar Road Bike - 2014 Performance Exclusive
- bottom bracket:
- Square Taper
- Promax Linear Pull
- Shimano CS-HG-31, 8-speed
- KMC Z
- Alloy with chainguard
- GT ZUM 700c road, fender mounts, standard threaded steerer
- GT Triple Triangle aluminum frame, rack and fender mounts, double water bottle mounts, standard head tube, replaceable rear derailleur hanger
- front derailleur:
- Rubber, locking bar plugs
- Alloy, 25.4mm
- Threaded 1 1/8"
- Alloy, 3-finger
- Platform resin
- rack mounts:
- rear derailleur:
- Shimano Alivio, 8-speed
- GT Alloy 27.2mm
- Shimano 8-speed (rear only)
- Quill, adjustable rise
- Schwalbe Road Crusier
- Xrims, 6061 T6 aluminum, Schrader valve