SPECIAL OFFERTotally Free Shipping and Assembly When Shipped To Store See details
GT Sensor Carbon Pro 27.5" Mountain Bike - 2014The 27.5" mountain bike revolution is here. Also known as "650b," which is just another designation for the 27.5" wheel size, this breed of mountain bike boasts much of the low-rolling resistance and easy obstacle clearing that 29" bikes do, but are seen as a highly desirable middle ground for those who want a larger wheel size, but feel that the 29er is a bit too cumbersome. The race for supremacy between 29" and 27.5" will undoubtedly rage on for the foreseeable future--in the meantime, let us tell you about one of the greatest 27.5" full-suspension mountain bikes on the market for 2014--the GT Sensor Carbon Pro.
For starters, the Sensor Carbon Pro's COR Trail Philosophy frame is full FOC Ultra carbon, a compound that is at the cutting edge of the industry for strength, light weight, and performance. A tapered head tube is beefy and stiff for maximized steering and climbing response. Equally, if not more notable, the CORE Philosophy frame boasts 130mm of travel (which can soak up some serious trail obstacles and landings) and features a travel independent drivetrain. Travel independence eliminates a long-time downside to full suspension bikes on which the drivetrain would be naturally shortened during rear shock compression causing the chain to sag, loosen, and often contact rocks, dirt, mud, and other trail hazards. With this new design, the crank and cassette are always the same distance apart leaving room for zero drivetrain performance issues.
All of the suspension on Sensor is Fox Float, a premier name in MTB suspension performance world wide. On the rear is a Fox Float CTD BV which has a climb/trail/descend (CTD) adjust function allowing the rider to tweak the shock's resistance to cater to the situation (e.g. when climbing, a stiffer shock resistance=more efficient climbing). Trail adjust is an additional feature that allows the rider to fine tune the shock based on the ride ahead. Sensor's fork is a Fox Float with 130mm of travel--this level of travel comes down on the more extreme side having a high level of absorption power for extreme downhills, big air jumping, and relentless rocky/rough terrain, but also featuring the same CTD function to increase efficiency. This front/rear suspension combination means butter smooth trail conquest, amazingly enhanced control, and extreme durability.
Leaving nothing to chance, the Sensor Carbon Pro features a handpicked RaceFace Turbine crankset and a full Shimano XT derailleur, shifter, and cassette setup. XT is Shimano's race level offering only shadowed by their pro-level XTR. Only a slight weight difference divides the two, which both use the same advanced shifting technology that guarantees smooth, responsive, reliable, and durable shifting in even the most high-torque situations when you need that guarantee the most.
With a full understanding of the need for control, light weight, and high performance, Sensor also features carefully selected components such as RaceFace Turbine handlebars, a Thompson Elite X4 Stem, a RockShox Reverb stealth seatpost with added shock comfort, and a Fizik Tundra2 Mg saddle which is light and pretty much indestructible. Braking is also a new kind of joy on the Sensor with a Formula T1 hydraulic disc brake set--not only is all-weather stopping power unprecedented, but modulation (the function of controlled braking, optimal slowing) that gives the rider untold gains in control, and reduces the chances of overbraking, a mishap that can cost you your place in a competition.
This entire dream setup rides on an e.thirteen TRS+ Alloy 650b Wheelset and hubs and Continental X-King Tires. A wheel/tire combination like this one delivers on light weight, excellent power transfer, superior strength, and most of all, digging power, cornering power, accelerating power, and climbing power that you will notice from ride #1.
A more-than-impressive collection of pro- and race-level goodies makes the Sensor Carbon Pro one of the most coveted buys of the season. This bike will take the serious rider to new heights, new victories, and previously unknown performance, or jettison the up-and-coming rider to the level of serious rider by presenting a whole new world of off-road excitement and possibility.
- Exclusively Available to Ship to Any Retail Location
- COR Trail Philosophy carbon frame is ultra light, ultra strong, ultra efficient
- Rear AOS suspension system keeps drivetrain independently functioning with no interruptions during compression
- Fox Float front and rear suspension gives massive travel and amazing adjustment options putting the rider in the realm of pro racers
- Shimano XT drivetrain with RaceFace Turbine Cranks provide flawless shifting and acceleration in all situations
- Formula T1 hydraulic disc brakes provide excellent stopping power and unprecedented modulation for competitive control
- 650b wheel size is fast, responsive, and rolls over obstacles easily
GT Sensor Carbon Pro 27.5" Mountain Bike - 2014
- bottom bracket:
- Formula T1, w/180mm Alloy Carrier Rotor
- Shimano Deore XT, CS-M771-10, 10-Speed, 11-36T
- KMC X10
- RaceFace Turbine, 42/32/22T, 3x10
- Fox 32 FLOAT 27.5 CTD FIT w/Adjust, 130mm Travel, 15QR, w/FIT Damper, Lockout & Rebound Adjust, Tapered Alloy Steerer
- COR Trail Philosophy, FOC Ultra Carbon Frame, 130mm Travel Independent Drivetrain ¨ AOS Suspension System w/Forged Linkage, Pivots,1 1/8"-1 1/2" Integrated Head Tube, and 12 x 142mm Maxle Dropouts
- front derailleur:
- Shimano Deore XT Shadow Plus, Braze on
- GT Statement Single Lock-on Grips
- RaceFace Turbine, 740mm Width, 3/4" Rise
- Orbit C-40-ACB
- Formula T1, w/TFRA and FCS
- rear derailleur:
- Shimano Deore XT Shadow Plus, Direct Mount, RD-M786-D
- rear shock:
- Fox Racing Shox Float CTD BV w/Adjust, 7.25" x 1.75" Air Shock, w/Rebound Adjust and Lockout
- Fizik Tundra2 mg
- RockShox Reverb Stealth, 34.9mm, 125mm drop
- Shimano Deore XT, SL-M780, Rapid Fire
- Thomson Elite X4, 1-1/8" Threadless, 31.8mm Clamp, 80mm
- (F) Continental X-King 27.5" x 2.4", ProTection Folding, (R) Continental X-King 27.5" x 2.2", ProTection Folding
- e.thirteen TRS+ Alloy 650b Wheelset, Hubs: (F) e.thirteen TRS+ Alloy 650b Wheelset, 15 x 100mm Thru Axle, (R) e.thirteen TRS+ Alloy 650b Wheelset, 12 x 142mm Thru Axle
You May Also Like
- GT Sensor Carbon Team 27.5" Mountain Bike - 2014 Our Price: $9,349.99 SALE: $5,499.00