SPECIAL OFFERTotally Free Shipping and Assembly When Shipped To Store See details
GT Sensor Carbon Team 27.5" Mountain Bike - 2014Also known as 650b, the 27.5" mountain bike is a new innovation in off-road riding and racing. This breed of mountain bike features much of the low-rolling resistance and easy obstacle clearing that newer 29" bikes do, but are seen as a highly desirable middle ground for those who want a larger wheel size, but find the 29er to be too elevated. The race for public favor among 29" and 27.5" will undoubtedly rage on for the foreseeable future--in the meantime, let us tell you about GT's pro-level 27.5" full-suspension offering for 2014--the GT Sensor Carbon Team.
For starters, the Sensor Carbon Team's COR Trail Philosophy frame is full FOC Ultra carbon, a compound that is at the cutting edge of the industry for strength, light weight, and performance. A tapered head tube is beefy and stiff for maximized steering and climbing response. Equally, if not more notable, the COR Trail Philosophy frame boasts up to 130mm of travel (which can handle any cross-country/all mountain trail) and features a travel independent drivetrain. Travel independence eliminates a long-time downside to full suspension bikes on which the drivetrain would be naturally shortened during rear shock compression causing the chain to sag, loosen, and often contact rocks, dirt, mud, and other trail hazards. With this design, the crank and cassette are always the same distance apart leaving room for zero drivetrain performance issues.
Ensuring the best performance in both front and rear suspension, GT chose Fox Float, a premier name in MTB suspension performance worldwide. On the rear is a Fox Float CTD BV which has a climb/trail/descend (CTD) adjust function allowing the rider to tweak the shock's resistance to cater to the situation (e.g. when climbing, a stiffer shock resistance=more efficient climbing). Trail adjust is an additional feature that allows the rider to fine tune the shock based on the ride ahead. Sensor's fork is a Fox Float with 130mm of travel--this level of travel comes down on the more extreme side having a high level of absorption power for extreme downhills, big air jumping, and relentless rocky/rough terrain, but also featuring the same CTD function to increase efficiency. This front/rear suspension combination means butter smooth trail conquest, amazingly enhanced control, and extreme durability.
Leaving nothing to chance, the Sensor Carbon Team features a handpicked pro-level RaceFace Next Carbon crankset and a full Shimano XTR derailleur, shifter, and cassette setup. XTR is Shimano's race level offering shadowed by no other in the industry with advanced shifting technology that guarantees smooth, responsive, reliable, and durable shifting in even the most high-torque situations when you need that guarantee the most.
Fully addressing the racer's need for control, light weight, and high performance, Sensor also features carefully selected components such as RaceFace carbon handlebars, a Thompson Elite X4 Stem, a RockShox Reverb stealth seatpost with added shock comfort, and a Fizik Tundra Kium saddle which is light and borderline indestructible. Braking is also a perfect pursuit on the Sensor with a Formula T1 hydraulic disc brake set with titanium hardware--not only is all-weather stopping power unprecedented, but modulation (the function of controlled braking, optimal slowing) that gives the rider untold gains in control, and reduces the chances of overbraking, a misstep that can cost you your place on the podium.
To follow the Sensor Carbon Team's pattern of unmatched quality and engineering, GT chose an e.thirteen TRS+ Carbon 650b Wheelset with TRS+ hubs and Continental X-King Tires. A wheel/tire combination like this one delivers on ultra light weight, incredible power transfer, superior strength, and most of all, digging power, cornering power, accelerating power, and climbing power that you will notice from ride #1.
An out-an-out collection of pro-level specifications makes the Sensor Carbon Team a prime choice for an all-mountain racer who leaves nothing to chance for precision, quality, and engineering. With such an unquestionably high level of performance from frameset to each and every component, there's no going up...only the rider can make the difference.
- Exclusively Available to Ship to Any Retail Location
- COR Trail Philosophy carbon frame is ultra light, ultra strong, ultra efficient
- Rear AOS suspension system keeps drivetrain independently functioning with no interruptions during compression
- Fox Float front and rear suspension gives massive travel and amazing adjustment options putting the rider in the realm of pro racers
- Shimano XTR drivetrain with RaceFace Next Carbon Cranks provide the ultimate in light weight, flawless shifting, and acceleration in all situations
- Formula T1 hydraulic disc brakes provide excellent stopping power and unprecedented modulation for competitive control
- e.thirteen TRS+ Carbon 650b Wheelset is pro-level light, strong, and responsive
- 650b wheel size is fast, maneuverable, and rolls over obstacles easily
GT Sensor Carbon Team 27.5" Mountain Bike - 2014
- bottom bracket:
- Formula T1, w/180mm Alloy Carrier Rotor, Titanium Hardware
- Shimano XTR, CS-M980, 10-Speed, 11-36T
- KMC X10 SL Ti
- RaceFace Next Carbon, 42/32/22T, 3x10
- Fox 32 FLOAT 27.5 CTD FIT w/Adjust Kashima, 130mm Travel, 15QR, w/FIT Damper, Lockout & Rebound Adjust, Tapered Alloy Steerer
- COR Trail Philosophy, FOC Ultra Carbon Frame, 130mm Travel Independent Drivetrain AOS Suspension System w/Forged Linkage, Pivots,1 1/8"-1 1/2" Integrated Head Tube, and 12 x 142mm Maxle Dropouts
- front derailleur:
- Shimano XTR Shadow Plus, Braze-on Mount,
- GT Statement Single Lock-on Grips
- RaceFace SIXC, Carbon, 740mm Width, 3/4" Rise
- Orbit C-40-ACB
- Formula T1 w/Pull Master Cylinder, w/TFRA and FCS
- rear derailleur:
- Shimano XTR Shadow Plus, Direct Mount, RD-M986-D
- rear shock:
- Fox Racing Shox Float CTD BV w/Adjust Kashima, 7.25" x 1.75" Air Shock, w/Rebound Adjust and Lockout
- Fizik Tundra2 Kium
- RockShox Reverb Stealth, 34.9mm, 125mm drop
- Shimano XTR, SL-M980, Rapid Fire
- Thomson Elite X4, 1-1/8" Threadless, 31.8mm Clamp, 80mm
- (F) Continental X-King 27.5" x 2.4", ProTection Folding, (R) Continental X-King 27.5" x 2.2", ProTection Folding
- e.thirteen TRS+ Carbon 650b Wheelset, Hubs:(F) e.thirteen TRS+ Carbon 650b Wheelset, 15 x 100mm Thru Axle, (R) e.thirteen TRS+ Carbon 650b Wheelset, 12 x 142mm Thru Axle