SPECIAL OFFERTOTALLY FREE SHIPPING and ASSEMBLY When Shipped To Store See details
2014 GT Fury Elite Downhill/Freeride Mountain BikeGT's 2014 Fury Elite is a downhill mountain bike engineering at its best. Developed with Atherton Racing and tested time and time again for the World Cup circuit, the Fury gives you downhill action usually only experienced by the pros. Fury Elite features GT's patented Independent Drivetrain for optimum pedaling on the way up, plus its super slack geometry lets you be aggressive for superior handling on the way down.
Fury Elite's frame is lightweight 6061-T6 Aluminum with 220mm of rear travel on the rear suspension. That kind of travel was developed for downhill racing, as in absorbing major obstacles without sacrificing any control, and taking off/landing with stability. On the front, a RockShox Domain R Crown fork has a whopping 200mm of travel and an extremely strong 20mm thru axle. This fork evens out the frame's high level of absorption making the total downhill package very smooth, even, and totally capable.
A Truvative Hussefelt 165mm crankset with a Truvative Howitzer bottom bracket were handpicked for optimal climbing efficiency, but more importantly, for total dependability against breakage and also attention to light weight. On the shifting side of the drivetrain, a SRAM X5 shifter and rear derailleur promise smooth, reliable shifting even under the pressures of climbing.
While excellent downhill and climbing are paramount, that takes nothing away from the need for perfect brake action. That's why GT chose Avid Code R hydraulic disc brakes, which are specially made for freeride mountain biking. Avid Code R uses 203mm rotors, the industry's largest, because they possess both the stopping power needed to avert accidents, and the subtle actuation necessary to navigate your downhill line at the correct speeds for safe, race-winning passage.
Round out this very impressive list of specs with Kore Torsion handlebar and stem, both made from forged 6061 Aluminum, an All Terra 6061 aluminum seat post, and a pair of Jalco DD30 double wall alloy rims fortified with Continental Kaiser tires which boast a 6-ply casing and a beefy, ground absorbing 2.5" width, and you're looking at a top-to-bottom, well-thought-out downhill machine that will exceed your expectations whether you're bombing down the trail, or cranking back up the switchbacks for more.
- Exclusively Available to Ship to Any Retail Location
- 6061 aluminum frame is lightweight, strong, and has 220mm of travel for excellent freeride control
- Frame geometry specifically engineered for aggressive downhill assault
- Fox Shox Van R rear shock has rebound adjust for customized ride
- RockShox Domain R Crown Fork has 200mm of travel and rebound adjust
- Alloy bars, stem, seatpost, brakes, wheels, and hubs keep the weight down without sacrificing any strength
- SRAM X5 rapid fire shifter and X5 rear derailleur make for perfect, reliable shifting
- E.13 chainguard adds clearance and avoids damage to chain and chainring
2014 GT Fury Elite Downhill/Freeride Mountain Bike
- bottom bracket:
- Truvativ Howitzer XR, 83mm
- Avid Code R, 203mm Rotor F/R
- SRAM PG950, 11-28T
- KMC X9
- Truvativ Hussefelt 1.0, 165mm, w/36T Ring
- RockShox Domain R Dual Crown, 200mm Travel, w/Adjustable Rebound and 20 x 110mm Thru Axle
- COR Downhill Design, 6061-T6 Alloy Frame, 220mm Travel Independent Drivetrain Suspension System w/Forged Linkage, Pivots, 1.5" Head Tube, and 12 x 150mm Thru Axle Dropouts
- front derailleur:
- GT Statement Double Lock-On Grips
- Kore Torsion, 6061-T6 Double Butted, 800mm Width, 20mm Rise, 31.8mm Clamp
- FSA Orbit E 1.5R/12.8, 1.5" to 1-1/8" Reducer, Alloy Cups
- Avid Code R
- rear derailleur:
- SRAM X5, Medium Cage
- rear shock:
- Fox Racing Shox Van R, 9.5" x 3", w/Adjustable Rebound
- All Terra Colorado Mg Rail
- All Terra AL6061
- SRAM X5, Trigger, Right Side Only
- Kore Torsion Direct Mount, AL6061-T6 CNC, 50mm Length
- Continental Kaiser, Six Ply Casing w/Black Chili Compound, 26" x 2.5" F/R
- Jalco DD30, 32H w/Hubs: (F) All Terra Alloy Sealed Bearing Disc, 20 x 110mm Thru Axle, (R) All Terra Alloy Sealed Bearing Disc, 12 x 150mm Thru Axle