GT Fury Team 26" Downhill Mountain Bike - 2014GT's 2014 Fury Team is a marvel of downhill mountain bike engineering. Developed with Atherton Racing and tested time and time again for the World Cup circuit, the Fury gives you downhill action usually only experienced by the pros. Fury Team features GT's patented Independent Drivetrain for optimum pedaling on the way up, plus its super slack geometry lets you be aggressive for superior handling on the way down.
Fury Team's frame is lightweight 6061-T6 Aluminum with 220mm of rear travel on the rear suspension. That kind of travel was developed for downhill racing, as in absorbing major obstacles without sacrificing any control, and taking off/landing with stability. On the front, a Fox Racing Shox 40RC2 FIT fork has a whopping 200mm of travel and an extremely strong 20mm thru axle. This fork evens out the frame's high level of absorption making the total downhill package very smooth, even, and totally capable.
A Shimano Zee crankset and bottom bracket were handpicked for optimal climbing efficiency, but more importantly, for total dependability against breakage and also attention to light weight. On the shifting side of the drivetrain, a Shimano Zee shifter and Shimano Saint Shadow Plus rear derailleur promise perfection even under the pressures of climbing.
While excellent downhill and climbing are paramount, that takes nothing away from the need for perfect brake action. That's why GT chose Shimano Zee hydraulic disc brakes, which are the pinnacle of freeride mountain bike braking. This setup uses 203mm rotors, the industry's largest, because they possess both the stopping power needed to avert accidents, and the subtle modulation necessary to navigate your downhill line at the correct speeds for safe, race-winning passage.
Round out this very impressive list of specs with RaceFace Atlas handlebar and stem, both made from forged 6061 Aluminum, a Thompson Elite 6061 aluminum seat post, and a pair of Alex Supra Compe welded rims fortified with Continental der Kaiser Projekt tires which boast a 6-ply casing and a beefy, ground absorbing 2.5" width, and you're looking at a top-to-bottom, well-thought-out downhill machine that will turn heads on any race day.
- Exclusively Available to Ship to Any Retail Location
- 6061 aluminum frame is lightweight, strong, and has 220mm of travel for excellent freeride control
- Frame geometry specifically engineered for aggressive downhill assault
- Fox Racing Shox DHX RC rear shock has rebound adjust for customized ride
- Fox Racing Shox 40RC2 FIT fork has a whopping 203mm of travel, a FIT Damper, 20 x 110mm Thru Axle
- RaceFace Atlas bars & stem provide a nice wide cockpit for enhanced control
- Shimano Zee Drivetrain and hydraulic disc brake system is super light, efficient, and engineered for gravity bike needs
- E.13 chainguard adds clearance and avoids damage to chain and chainring
GT Fury Team 26" Downhill Mountain Bike - 2014
- bottom bracket:
- Shimano Zee, 83mm
- Shimano Zee, BR-M640, w/Metallic Pad, Fins, and SM-RT99 203mm Saint Rotor F/R
- Shimano CS-5700, 10-Speed, 11-28T
- KMC X10
- Shimano Zee, FC-M645, 165mm, w/36T Ring
- Fox Racing Shox 40RC2 FIT, 203mm Travel, FIT damper, 20 x 110mm Thru Axle, w/Adjustable High Speed/Low Speed Compression and Rebound
- COR Downhill Design, 6061-T6 Alloy Frame, 220mm Travel Independent Drivetrain Suspension System w/Forged Linkage, Pivots, 1.5" Head Tube, and 12 x 150mm Thru Axle Dropouts
- front derailleur:
- GT Statement Double Lock-On Grips
- RaceFace Atlas, 785mm Width, 1/2" Rise, 31.8mm Clamp
- FSA Orbit Z 1.5R, 1.5" to 1-1/8" Reducer, Alloy Cups w/Sealed Bearings
- Shimano Zee, BL-M640
- rear derailleur:
- Shimano Saint Shadow Plus, RD-M820, Direct Mount
- rear shock:
- Fox Racing Shox DHX RC2, 9.5" x 3", w/Adjustable Rebound and Compression
- WTB Silverado Race SL
- Thomson Elite
- Shimano Zee, SL-M640, Rapid Fire, Right Side Only
- RaceFace Atlas Direct Mount, 30/50mm Length
- Continental Der Kaiser Projekt, Six Ply Casing w/Black Chili Compound, 26" x 2.4" F/R
- Alex Supra Compe, Welded, 32H w/Hubs: (F) All Terra Tall Flanged Alloy Sealed Bearing Disc, 20 x 110mm Thru Axle, (R) All Terra Tall Flanged Alloy Sealed Bearing Disc