SPECIAL OFFERTOTALLY FREE SHIPPING and ASSEMBLY When Shipped To Store See details
Fuji SLM 29 1.3 29er Mountain Bike - 2014
Exclusively Available to Ship to Any Retail Location
The sweet simplicity of speed and power; the Fuji SLM 29" 1.3 Mountain Bike can't help but offer you the best of both of those features. The SLM 29" 1.3 is built around Fuji's proprietary high-end C15 carbon fiber frame, a race-ready Shimano Deore XT 2x10 drivetrain and top notch XC wheels and tires. If you need a bike that will turn heads as much as it will defeat bodies, you've come to the right place.
Frame: Lightweight high-performance and durability are a balancing act. Move too much in either direction and you'll compromise the ride quality. However, when Fuji selected their proprietary C15 superlight high modulus carbon for the SLM, they killed those two birds with one stone. The frame is manufactured with a bladder style mold, which allows Fuji to use their premium and lightweight carbon material to maximize the SLM's strength to weight ratio. Fuji chose wishbone shaped chainstays for a more forgiving, yet responsive rear triangle ride quality. The SLM's tapered head tube adds stiffness, especially under rider torque, while improving the front-end handling of the bike by making it more predictable with every turn of the bars. By using Praxis 35 bottom bracket, Fuji elected to put bearings outbound of the frame for a wider stance, higher level of rigidity and easier serviceability. The cumulative result of Fuji's design choices is an incredibly well-balanced and race-ready frame.
Shock: An effective, high-performing hardtail requires the fork to match its output. The tapered Fox 32 Float 29 Factory Fit suspension fork with remote lockout helps you maintain control on the climbs and soaks up the rough stuff on tougher sections of trail. It's an ideal fork for cross-country racing, especially with its stiff 15mm thru-axle, or if you're just heading out on an all-day epic. Additionally, the Kashima Coat reduces friction in the stanchions, which provides quicker suspension response and improved durability.
Drivetrain: The SLM 29" 1.3 is built with an Oval Concepts crank and Shimano XT components. The 38/26 XT 2x10 crankset is race optimized for maximum power output. The XT i-spec shift levers, which shave weight by unifying the shifter and brake band clamps for clean, uncluttered cockpit setup, are matched to a set of XT brakes with 180/160mm rotors. The Shadow Plus construction of the XT rear derailleur avoids trail snagging and keeps shifting performance consistent.
Components: The static handlebar, stem and seatpost components are brought to you by Oval Concepts. Oval has specialized in high-end parts and wheels for many years. While all three components are made from carbon or aluminum, Fuji paid close attention to the details required to execute a great cross-country race machine. The Oval M713 stem has a slight 6° rise, while the 710mm wide M850 handlebar is flat as a pancake and features a 9° sweep. This combination puts your body and weight further forward on the bike. The end result is better handling and more control over obstacles.
Wheels: The SLM 29" 1.3 features a great pair of wheels. Sun Black Flag Pro wheels are built to take some serious abuse while still being light enough for XC performance. The Sun Black Flat Pro's are outfitted with Schwalbe Racing Ralph 29 x 21" tubeless ready tires that roll super fast and dig in under all conditions. These tires also provide supreme traction by spacing the knobs out, which creates enough void space for soft soil and increases the tire's mud-shedding capabilities.
- Fuji C15 super-light, high-modulus carbon frame with internal shift cable routing, shaped oversized ride-tuned down tube, PF30 bottom bracket, tapered 1 1/8-1.5" head tube
- Fox 32 Float 29 Factory Fit front suspension with Kashima coating, remote lockout, 15mm thru axle, tapered alloy steerer, 100mm travel
- Oval Concepts M600 hollow forged crankset with M35 integrated spindle, 38/26T
- 20-speed drivetrain with Shimano XT components
- Shimano Deore XT M780 RapidFire shifters
- Oval Concepts components
- Shimano Deore XT hydraulic disc brakes
- Schwable Racing Ralph tires, tubeless ready, 29 x 2.1"
- Sun Black Flag Pro wheelset
Fuji SLM 29 1.3 29er Mountain Bike - 2014
- bottom bracket:
- Praxis M35
- Shimano Deore XT M785, hydraulic disc, 180/160mm rotor
- Shimano HG81, 11-36T, 10-speed
- KMC X10, 10-speed
- Oval Concepts M600, hollow forged w/ M35 integrated spindle, 38/26T
- Fox 32 FLOAT 29 Factory Fit w/ remote lock out, 15mm thru axle, tapered alloy steerer, 100mm travel
- C15 super-light high-modulus carbon w/ internal shift cable routing, shaped oversized ride-tuned down tube, PF30 bottom bracket, tapered 1 1/8" - 1.5" head tube
- front derailleur:
- Shimano Deore XT, M786D, direct-mount
- Oval dual-density Kraton, lock-on
- Oval M850, carbon flat bar, 9° sweep, 31.8mm diameter, 710mm wide, +/- 5mm rise
- FSA 1 1/8" - 1.5", sealed cartridge bearings
- Shimano Deore XT M785 hydraulic disc w/ Inspec
- rear derailleur:
- Shimano XT, M786 SGS Shadow Plus top normal, 10-speed
- rear shock:
- Oval M600 w/ hollow CrMo rails
- Oval M950, carbon double-bolt micro-adjust, 31.6mm x 400mm
- Shimano Deore XT, M780 Rapid Fire, 20/30-speed w/ Inspec
- Oval M713, 3D-forged alloy, 31.8mm clamp diameter, 6° rise
- Schwable Racing Ralph, tubeless ready, 29" x 2.1" folding, 67 tpi
- Sun Black Flag Pro 15mm thru-axle front / 142x12mm rear, 28H 6-bolt hubs