Thomson Carbon Road HandlebarThe Thomson brand is synonymous with precision and longevity. Many riders choose Thomson components even in the face of added weight. They're that good. While you could supply your road or mountain bike with a Thomson stem, seatpost and seatpost collar, you could not complete the trifecta for core bike strength without a Thomson Carbon Road Handlebar, because they didn't exist; until now.
Thomson, inextricably influenced by the aerospace industry, knows how to CNC as good as anyone today. Their leading and innovative designs are highly lauded by the industry and riders alike. So, when news came out that a highly anticipated road handlebar was on the way to production, you could imagine the excitement felt. The Thomson Carbon Road Handlebar does not disappoint. It features a mild wing shape on top, clamping area wide enough for aero bars, a mid-compact reach and drop. Thomson proclaims that, "this is the modern bar for the modern road bike." The road bar wing section is small enough not to restrict hand movement when riding on the top and allows bar angle adjustment without locking-out your wrists. Shaping on the bottom side of the wing allows housing to be taped out of the way without the use of narrow housing channels or internal routing, both of which shorten bar life. The bar is certified to EN and tested to DIN+, so you can rest assured that they will not fail. If that weren't enough, Thomson also warrants their Carbon, Titanium and Aluminum Handlebars to be free from defects in material and workmanship for two years, from the date of purchase, to the original owner.
- Light, strong, built to accept aero bars or 'cross brake levers. The perfect cockpit upgrade.
- All carbon fiber is produced by Toray and uses tailor made Nano Epoxy Resin for very high impact resistance. Toray is the main supplier of carbon fiber for Boeing and Airbus
- Bars are molded over an EPS mandrel to avoid wrinkles inside the layup during molding.
- 1.5K woven impact ends help prevent damage to unidirectional fibers from impact
- 42cm width weighs 200 grams (claimed)
Thomson Carbon Road Handlebar
- 42cm, 44cm, 46cm
- 200 grams (42cm claimed)