SPECIAL OFFERTotally Free Shipping and Assembly When Shipped To Store See details
Kestrel Talon Tri Bike - 2015 Shimano 105One of the fastest tri bikes ever, the Kestrel Talon is ready to help you deliver your best on the biggest race days of the year. Designed for the rider who wants cutting-edge aero design and seat angle adjustability from 72 to 80 degrees, the Kestrel Talon Shimano 105 road bike is ideal putting your best against the clock, or for simply going out and enjoying the feel of a great road bike. It's the perfect balance of stiffness and power transfer with the added efficiency of a light carbon platform.
Every Kestrel design is proprietary and engineered from scratch in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The process begins with computer-aided design and analysis. Once the modeling is over, Kestrel builds structural prototypes and submits them to a battery of laboratory tests, miles of riding under both sponsored athletes and the highly knowledgeable engineers themselves. The result is a Kestrel carbon frame that is executed with a high degree of engineering mastery. The Talon 105 is made from a special blend of 700k and 800k high modulus carbon fiber. While the 700k material is incredibly stiff, the 800k carbon is 30% more stiff, and allows Kestrel to use 20% less material in the production of the frame. The external bearing bottom bracket and tapered head tube further the amount of frame stiffness.
The Talon Shimano 105 is fueled by the all-new Shimano 105 5800 drivetrain. 5800 benefits from many of the technology and ergonomic developments Shimano made with Dura-Ace and Ultegra, but at a fraction of the price. With redesigned derailleurs for smoother, more precise shifting, and the addition of an extra gear, operated with FSA Metron TT shifters, this might be the best value going in components. The Oval Concepts 520 alloy crankset is stiff and lightweight, and is equipped with gran fondo-ready 50/34 compact chainrings to shrink down even the toughest hills.
Oval Concepts has long been revered for producing high quality components. The Oval 327 aero clinchers provide a speed advantage without going overboard and losing comfort. They are outfitted with Vittoria Zaffiro Pro tires that have a slick surface for low rolling resistance and a 23C width for fast cornering. An 300 series road saddle with satin steel rails and a Kestrel EMS Pro seat post add more efficiency to an already streamlined high performance road bike.
- Blend of 700K and 800K High Modulus Carbon Fiber frame and EMS Pro SL Aero, Full Carbon fork supply important stiffness and speed
- Shimano 105 drivetrain with an Oval Concepts 520 Compact 50/34T crank adds efficiency and dependability
- Oval Concepts 310 and 313 handlebar and stem keep you in the proper position for extended comfort
- Oval Concepts 327 Alloy Clinchers adds aerodynamics and stiffness without slowing you down
Kestrel Talon Tri Bike - 2015 Shimano 105
- bottom bracket:
- Oval Concepts Integrated, External Bearings
- Tektro Dual Pivot
- SunRace, 11-28T
- KMC X11, 11-sp
- Oval Concepts 520 Alloy Compact 50/34T
- EMS Pro SL Aero, Full Carbon, 1 1/8" - 1 1/4" Tapered Alloy Steerer
- Blend of 700K & 800K High Modulus Carbon Fiber
- front derailleur:
- Shimano 105, Braze-on
- Kestrel Suede Tape
- Oval Concepts 350 6061 Alloy Base Bar, Oval Concepts 750 Clip On Ergo Bend Extensions
- FSA Integrated, 1 1/8" Top, 1 1/4" Bottom with 15mm Top Cover
- Oval Concepts 701
- rack mounts:
- rear derailleur:
- Shimano 105, 11-speed
- Oval Concepts 300 Tri w Satin Steel Rails
- Kestrel EMS Pro w/ Ritchey Clamp System
- FSA Metron bar end, 11 sp
- Oval Concepts 313 6061 3D-forged Alloy, 31.8mm +/- 6 degrees
- Vittoria Zaffiro Pro 700 x 23c Folding
- Oval Concepts 327 wheelset, 700c, 20/24H, cartridge bearing hubs