Fuji SL 2.3 Road Bike - 2016
Save $940.03 (42%) $1,299.97 MSRP $2,240.00
The SL 2.3 may look outwardly similar to the Grand Tour-winning Altamira, but under the hood everything has been updated, revised, and improved. Fuji's High Compaction Molding System has been honed and perfected over the years to create the stiffest possible frame with the least amount of material. The C10 high modulus carbon construction provides a great mix of stiffness and compliance. In the rear, Fuji kept the pencil thin seatstays we all loved on the Altamira, adding some compliance to the frame for a smoother ride.
Shifting duties are handled by Shimano's popular competition-level Ultregra 6800 groupset, a revolution in mechanical shifting. 6800 is arguably the most popular groupset in the world. With improved ergonomics, a redesigned and more powerful front derailleur, Shimano has made sure that Ultegra 6800 is more than enough to put you on the top of the podium, or beat your previous PR's.
The SL 2.3 rolls on a set of Oval Concepts 733 aero alloy clinchers. Rounding out the build is an alloy cockpit, carbon wrapped seatpost, and hollow rail saddle from Oval Concepts. The bike roles on a set of super premium Vittoria Zaffiro 700x25 clinchers that are deliver a supple, smooth ride quality that you expect from Italian tires.
- C10 high compaction, high modulous carbon fiber frame and fork are stiff, lightweight, and designed to fly up the mountains
- Shimano Ultegra 6800 groupset for the highest level of shifting technology available
- Oval Concepts 327 wheels are light, wide, and fast
- Premium Vittoria Zaffiro 700x25 clincher tires
- Lightweight and high quality finishing kit from Oval Concepts