Kestrel RT-1000 105 Road Bike - 2016
Save $650.03 (31%) $1,449.97 MSRP $2,100.00
The RT-1000 is made from a special blend of 700k and 800k high modulus carbon fiber that gives the frame a unique road feel. The 700k carbon fiber is stiff, yet allows for increased compliance in certain areas of the bike. The 800k carbon fiber is 30% stiffer, and allows Kestrel to use 20% less material to craft a bike that is exceptionally light, stiff and comfortable. The BB30 press fit bottom bracket increases the frame's rigidity around the crankset and the tapered head tube increase stiffness in the front end. The result is a bike that will take off like a rocket when you put the hammer down.
The Kestrel RT-1000 is outfitted with Shimano's 105 11-speed drivetrain. These components offer many of the technological benefits and ergonomic developments Shimano first made with Dura-Ace and Ultegra. In fact, Shimano's attention to detail is evident everywhere. The shifter design enhances performance and comfort, and the derailleurs afford consistent, smooth, precise shifting. The RT-1000 is smartly geared up front, too. The standard Oval Concepts 520 alloy crankset is stiff and lightweight, and is equipped with gran fondo-ready 50/34 compact chainrings to help you take on even the toughest hills.
Oval Concepts, long known for producing high quality components, completes the RT-1000 build. The Oval 527 clincher wheels are lightweight and comfortable and are outfitted with Vittoria Zaffiro Pro tires that have a slick surface for low rolling resistance and a wider 25c profile for a smooth ride and more stability, especially while cornering. A Prologo Kappa Evo saddle and a Kestrel EMS Pro Aero seat post add more efficiency to an already streamlined high performance road bike. And the Oval 310 handlebar and 313 stem are oversized for maximum stiffness under acceleration.
The Kestrel RT-1000 road bike with 105 components is the pinnacle of design and modern performance technology. Kestrel has made it their passion to save you time and energy with every turn of the pedals.
- Exclusively Available to Ship to Any Retail Location
- Kestrel Enhanced Modulus Hybrid (EMH) 700K & 800K Carbon Fiber light and reduces road vibration
- Kestrel EMH full carbon fork is tapered for maximum stiffness
- Shimano 105 11-speed drivetrain delivers smooth, precise and consistent performance
- Compact Oval Concepts 720 50/34 crankset and 11/28 cassette give you plenty of gear options for just about any grade
- Light and durable Oval Concepts 527 alloy clincher wheels
- Vittoria Zaffiro Pro Slick 700 X 25c
- Comfortable Prologo OneTouch Gel 2 bar tape