Schwinn Rocket 2 27.5" Mountain bike - 2016
It all begins with the frame. The Schwinn Nlitened 2 double-butted aluminum 27.5-inch frame is tough yet lightweight, and it's designed with a geometry that puts you in an upright riding position that helps keep you alert and focused on the terrain. The Rocket 2 is adept at just about any downhill descent thanks to the SR Suntour XCM RL 27.5 suspension. It has 100 mm of travel and a remote hydraulic lockout, which means the fork's performance inspires confidence on trails and, when locked out, creates efficiency on pavement. All controls are mounted on a Schwinn S1 MTB alloy handlebar that helps keep the front end light and maneuverable, and the Schwinn MTB Trail grips absorb bumps in the road so the rest of your body doesn't.
The Shimano drivetrain, with an SR Suntour alloy triple chainring up front, puts 27 gearing options at your command for climbing, accelerating, and reaching top speeds. The Shimano Alivio Rapid Fire SL-M4000 shifters, Shimano Alivio front derailleur, and Shimano Deore 11-34T, 9-speed rear derailleur deliver crisp, consistent shifting. Of course stopping power is always important, so the Rocket 2 has Promax hydraulic discs with 160 mm rotors that will get the job done.
And don't forget the wheels. The Rocket 2 comes with a tough yet lightweight 27.5-inch wheelset that can handle the kinds of obstacles you'll find on trails and in the mountains. Robust Alex DP-23 tubeless-ready alloy rims are specifically built for the hydraulic disc brake system, while the Kenda Slant 6 27.5 × 2.1" tires with folding bead can handle dirt, gravel and pavement. If you're ready for more mountain biking fun, or are looking to step up your game, the Rocket 2 27.5-inch mountain bike is your ride.
- Exclusively Available to Ship to Any Retail Location
- Combines the agility found in a 26-inch mountain bike with the durability of a 29-inch bike and is perfect for beginners or intermediate MTB riders
- Schwinn N LITENED 2 double-butted aluminum 27.5 platform frame and SR Suntour XCM RL suspension fork with 100 mm travel and remote lockout offers control through the bumps
- Schwinn S1 MTB Alloy handlebar keeps the front end light and maneuverable, and the Schwinn MTB Trail grips will absorb the bumps in the road so your hands, arms, and back don't have to
- Shimano drivetrain offers smooth, reliable performance and 27 gearing options for climbing, accelerating, and reaching top speeds
- Promax hydraulic disc brakes with 160 mm rotors provide intuitive stopping in all conditions