Ridley Orion Di2 Road Bike - 2016 Performance Exclusive
Save $1,700.02 (52%) $1,599.97 MSRP $3,299.99
The Orion frame tubes are diamond shaped for strength and durability, while the geometry and taller headtube promise plenty of comfort and exceptionally stable handling. According to Ridley, the bike offers "comfort, stiffness, and strength in equal measure", but this is no take-it-easy weekend path and pavement bike. This is one of the toughest, race-ready bikes (it even has the UCI approval sticker on the downtube, for extra legit-ness) you'll find anywhere, with plenty of get-up and go. It also just happens to deliver an amazingly comfortable ride as well.
The frame is made with high modulus unidirectional carbon fiber formed into Ridley's distinctive diamond shape for rugged strength and durability. The taller headtube both alleviates stress on the lower back while riding and enhances frame stiffness by eliminating the need to use as many headset spacers.
The carbon fiber fork features a medium rake that gives the bike the ability to dive into turns without feeling twitchy or unstable. The carbon fiber arms and alloy steerer help absorb road vibrations and smooth out the ride.
- For 2016, the Orion comes with a Shimano Ultegra Di2 6870 groupset. With Di2, Changing gears has never been so easy, effortless and fast. Ultegra Di2 features an automatic trimming front derailleur, so you never have to hear the sound of chain rub again. The shifters act with digital push button shifting and are ergonomically shaped for optimal comfort and control. The lever reach adjust fits all hand sizes. The Di2 rear derailleur is pre-programmed allowing you to shift gear quickly and accurately in all conditions. The battery, at the heart of the drivetrain, uses lithium ion technology and guarantees a range of 1,250 miles, or almost half the length of the Tour de France, before it needs to be recharged, which only takes just 90 minutes.
Rounding out this impressive package is a build kit from Ridley's own 4Za brand. 4Za is in many ways unlike some other company's house brand component arms. Ridley engineers every 4Za component to integrate seamlessly with their bikes at a basic level, ensuring optimized performance at every level. The bike rolls on a set of lightweight Alex Rims clinchers, which spin up quickly, climb like they mean it, and deliver superb braking performance.
- Developed with input from the pro-tour level Damocles and Excalibur frames
- Unique Ridley fit utilizes a traditional geometry and taller headtube, so you need fewer spacers, creating a stiffer, more stable frame
- High modulus carbon fiber makes the Orion stiff when you stand up out of the saddle on hard efforts, but allows more compliance for comfort on long rides
- Diamond-shaped tubing makes the Orion stronger and more durable
- Shimano Ultegra Di2 6870 11-speed electronic drivetrain will revolutionize the way you ride