SIDI Ergo 4 Carbon Road Shoes
The shoe's foundation is SIDI's Twelve Carbon Composite Sole, which was created to help assist blood circulation. This lightweight racing sole has an added vent inserted at the top of the sole to provide excellent airflow, and it can be opened and closed when needed. The sole exhibits light flex towards the shoe's nose and stiffness through the body. The sole is finished with a 10mm horizontal and vertical cleat alignment scale and the Look Memory Eyelet.
A great racing shoe will cradle your foot and at the same time offer a secure confidence-inspiring fit. The Ergo 4 Carbon does exactly that. The Soft Instep 3 Closure System is a wide, padded strap coupled to soft, thermo-formed material, which improves comfort and performance. The system distributes pressure evenly over the arch area and is adjustable from both sides to achieve the perfect center position, and it also eliminates the need for the High Instep Extender.
Closures can be finely adjusted across the forefoot with the Tecno 3 Precision Ratchet closure. Simply twist two buttons until you find the precise tension you need for your comfort. On-the-fly adjustments are smoother and more exact. What's more, the Caliper Buckle ratchets at the top of the shoe can be adjusted in both directions. This enables smooth, on-the-bike micro-adjustments that further dials in fit, adapting the upper to the shape of the foot for a customized fit.
Every detail of the Ergo 4 Carbon contributes to your cycling comfort and performance. The Velcro Security System features integrated locking polymer teeth that engage onto each other when the strap is closed. That makes the closure more secure, and the strap becomes unmovable. The Adjustable Heel Retention improves fit at the top of the heel cup, around your ankles, to prevent slipping during steep climbs and sprints. And finally a Replaceable Heel Cup keeps the foot in an optimal position and prevents the shoe from being deformed by your hard efforts or prolonged pressure.
- Twelve Carbon Composite sole is made with two different materials blended together, nylon and carbon fibre. It is made out of injected Carbon Fiber in a matrix of Nylon. The Nylon used doesn't absorb water and doesn't lose rigidity in hot or humid weather or as it ages. The result is a significantly lighter and stiffer sole.
- Microfibra Performa TechPro upper incorporates features of stability, lightness, breathability, and water-repellency.
- Tecno 3 Precision Ratchet closure independently micro-adjusts your fit across forefoot and toe.
- Soft Instep 3 System distributes pressure evenly over the arch area and is adjustable from both sides to achieve the perfect center position. Eliminates the need for the High Instep Extender.
- Caliper Buckle two-way ratchet for easy on-bike adjustment offers incremental tightening and loosening.
- High Security Velcro straps with integrated locking polymer teethmake the closure more secure.
- SIDI Heel Cup stabilizes and supports the heel to reduce slippage and increase power transfer.
- Replaceable heel pad securely closes the back of the shoe around the heel and above the heel bone, eliminating heel lift and increasing how much leg power you harness.
- 3-bolt cleat compatibility with the best pedal systems available, and includes a printed 10 mm lateral and fore/aft cleat alignment scale on the sole and the Look Memory Eyelet for easy cleat alignment and replacement.
- For walkability, Sidi cycling shoes include a replaceable polyurethane heel pad.