Fuji Transonic Elite Road Bike - 2017
Save $1,420.03 (21%) $5,499.97 MSRP $6,920.00
When it comes to a superior road bike, we all have wants and needs. Quite often, we temper our wants with reality and settle. After one look at the Fuji Transonic Elite, you'll realize it does not settle, and does not seem to be a part of this reality. Study after study has shown that aerodynamics are the single most important factor when it comes to unleashing a rider's full potential. Those gains can come from a lot of places, like body position, deep section wheels, and helmets, but the frame is one of the most important places, which is why Fuji introduced the Transonic, which incorporates all the latest aerodynamic advances of the last few years into a single, race proven platform.
The Fuji Transonic Elite is the result of years of aerodynamic research and engineering. Fuji was one of the first companies to go "aero" with their beloved SST model. Fuji's engineers spent several years wind-tunnel testing and FEA-modeling the Transonic frame to achieve the right shape to help you gain an advantage on your competitors. They found that while aerofoil shapes may be aerodynamically efficient, they compromise the rigidity of the frame. They also don't perform as well in a cross-wind, and can compromise your control of the bike To solve this problem, Fuji uses a wide cross-section tube shape made from C10 high modulus carbon fiber that cuts through the wind but increases stiffness, and increases your control of the bike at speed.
The Transonic Elite is equipped with the highly refined and ultra-powerful SRAM Red eTap 11-speed drivetrain. A mid-compact Red carbon 52/36 crankset and SRAM Red PowerDome 11-28 cassette provides the perfect range to mash out a sprint, grind out a climb, or ride tempo. Oval Concepts 950 wheels with Vittoria Open Corsa 320 TPI tires scorch the pavement and a set of TRP T930 direct-mount brakes keep you in control of every hairpin turn.
- Exclusively Available to Ship to Any Retail Location
- Wide cross-section frame tube shapes for aerodynamic drag reduction, increased rigidity, and unparalleled control
- Integrated chain watcher to ensure smooth shifts without the risk of dropping the chain to the inside of the crank
- Designed with the future in mind, the frame features electronic/mechanical internal cable routing and accommodates wide-rim profile wheels and up to 28mm tires
- Direct-mount front and rear brakes remove the excess material of a carrier plate -- allowing for better frame integration and improved aerodynamics
- SRAM RED eTAP, 11-speed drivetrain is race-ready and delivers high end performance
- Oval Concepts 950 aero carbon rims