Bell Super 3R MIPS-Equipped MTB Helmet 2018
Reshaped inside and out to fit even better than before and equipped with the lighter, easier-to-adjust Float Fit retention system, the Bell Super 3R MIPS-Equipped MTB Helmet lets you rip with confidence on all-mountain rides. It's lightweight, cool and super-ventilated on long, steep ascents, and stable, comfortable and bolstered with added protection on all-out descents. The Wraparound Chin Bar can be removed and stowed in your pack on the climbs, then quickly and easily snapped back into place when it's time to go vertical.
MIPS slip plane technology inside the helmet reduces rotational forces that can result from certain impacts, improving the outcome of potential crash scenarios. Fusion In-Mold Polycarbonate Shell offers excellent impact protection and lower rear coverage puts more protection at the back of the head. 23 channeled openings with Velocity Flow overbrow ports and chin bar ports increase ventilation and regulate temperature to keep your whole head dry and comfortable. Integrated Breakaway Camera Mount delivers solid performance while capturing your ride and innovative GoggleGuide Adjustable Visor System accommodates your goggles or eyewear, making it easy to see what's ahead. Minimalist, lightweight Float Fit retention system features an easy-to-turn rubber over-molded dial for comfort and simple adjustments.
- Multi-Directional Impact Protection System (MIPS) is a slip-plane system within the helmet that's designed to rotate inside the helmet with the intent to potentially slow or reduce the amount of energy transferred to or from the head, possibly reducing head injury for rotational impacts
- Fusion In-Mold Polycarbonate Shell is the result of an in-molding process which bonds the helmet's Microshell to its EPS foam layer for a sturdier, more solid helmet
- Extended Microshell coverage in the back adds even more protection
- 23 jumbo channeled vents bring cool air in through the front, allowing it to pass over your head and then flushes warm air out of the rear ports -- so YOU stay cool and your HEAD stays cool
- Overbrow Ventilation intakes work with the moto-proven Velocity Flow Ventilation system to actively cool air over the head via 4 ports on the brow of the helmet
- 6 chin-bar vents offer strategic airflow and prevent overheating
- Wraparound Protection features an innovative lock-on chin-bar for an ultimate solution to progressive trail riding adaptability
- Woven with real silver fibers, X-Static Padding is a quick-drying and antimicrobial material which inhibits growth of odor-causing bacteria and fungi while keeping you cooler than standard pads
- Integrated Breakaway Camera Mount seamlessly affixes a wearable camera in the perfect spot without the need for messy double-stick tape or zip-ties
- Breakaway Screws break off high velocity impacts to avoid having the visor snag
- GoggleGuide Adjustable Visor System accommodates goggles and eyewear, and works with the visor installed or without
- Float Fit retention system is ultra-lightweight, allows circumference adjustment and vertical positioning, and features arms with a new "float" design that automatically cradles the occipital lobe bump on the back of your head for comfort and security
- Certified CPSC, CE EN1078