Kestrel Talon Ultegra LE Road Bike - 2017 Performance Exclusive
Save $799.03 (35%) $1,499.97 MSRP $2,299.00
The Talon is the perfect choice for triathletes looking to train on a road bike for their first triathlon or duathlon; or simply for riders seeking road bike handling with tri bike speed. The Kestrel Talon Shimano Ultegra road bike features a full carbon frame and fork, Shimano Ultegra 11-speed components, and Oval Concepts 527 wheels.
Launched in 2007, the Talon was one of the first-ever aero road bikes on the market and has been immensely popular ever since for its versatility. Ahead of its time in adjustability, the Talon allows rider to choose either a road or triathlon-style position. The Talon is constructed of Kestrel's Enhanced Modulus Hybrid (EMH) carbon; a combination of 800K and 700K carbon fibers. It's lightweight and stiff, yet also designed to offer a bit more compliance. Designed in the A2 Wind Tunnel, the stays, seat post, and seat tube are aerodynamically contoured; plus, fully internal cable routing ensures clean airflow over the entire bike.
Speed is paramount to the Talon. The Shimano Ultegra components are lightweight, offer comfortable ergonomics, and lightning fast shifts. Tektro dual pivot brakes apply plenty of stopping power to the low-spoke count Oval Concepts 527 wheels with Vittoria Zaffiro Pro tires.
- Kestrel EMH carbon frame and tapered fork
- Shimano Ultegra 11-speed components
- Kestrel EMS Pro Aero Seatpost allows for the saddle to be mounted in a wide range of positions
- Each of the frame sizes has unique tube lengths, diameters, shapes, and carbon layups to produce the best possible ride quality for every size rider
- Comfortable Kestrel padded handlebar tape