Profile Design DRV/AEROa Drop Bar
Profile Design's new DRiVe metric pinpoints the precise hand position most critical to comfort, power and control. The metric is incorporated into a new series of progressively sized handlebars designed around a cyclist's most powerful hand positions. The "Drop Reach Variant" is measured via a 73 degree line, beginning at the bar bore and pinpoints the line's intersection with the drop. Progressive sizing ensures the most powerful positions remain right where they are needed and a long radius of the upper curve provides both smooth distribution of pressure on the hand and clearance for the wrist/forearm when sprinting in the drops.
DRiVe Series handlebars deliver a seamless transition from bar to shifter hood without affecting how the drops were designed to fit. The shorter reaches of the DRiVe Series better match current shifter hood geometry and create comfortable hand positions. Finally, the canted 4 degree design grants a wider array of hand positions, while the gradual, dual radius arc erases sharp angles and pressure points caused by more traditional drop shapes. The dual radium is also designed to make the brake levers reachable when riding in the drops.
- Smooth distribution of pressure on the hand
- Clearance for the wrist/forearm when sprinting in the drops
- Eliminates the need for bar rotation adjustments
- Seamless transition from bar to shifter hood
- Shorter reaches better match current shifter hood geometry
- Erases sharp angles and pressure points
- Designed to make the brake levers reachable when riding in the drops