Stages SRAM Road GXP Power Meter
Stages has set the standard for user-friendly, super-accurate power meters that are also astoundingly minimalist in structure. Built on a compatible SRAM road crank arm and GXP style bottom bracket spindle interface, this full carbon fiber meter and crank arm has a slimmer profile than Stage's original meter by 28 percent, for an even lighter power meter, while still maintaining exceptional durability. The new housing design increases the strength of the battery door and housing connection by 200-percent over the previous design.
Furthermore, the Stages power meter also measures cadence as unobtrusively as it measures power by the use of an accelerometer - the same technology used to tell your smart phone how to orient its screen. The proprietary circuitry houses this cadence tool, allowing the meter to eliminate the antiquated need of magnets, external sensors, cables, and zip ties to measure cadence. This modern technology also allows the meter to capture multiple positions per revolution, resulting in a faster response and better overall data.
To retain power accuracy, Stages power meters are equipped with ATC (Active Temperature Compensation). Different temperatures cause strain gauges to expand and contract a specific amount. ATC allows the power meter to compensate for temperature changes that would otherwise affect the strain gauges and their ability to accurately measure force. More importantly, Stages ATC auto-adjusts on the fly, without the need to stop pedaling.
- Accuracy: ± 2%
- Power Meter Housing: New low profile design, with new door interface
- Weight: Only adds 20gr to base crank arm
- Battery Life: 200+ hours (coin cell: CR2032)
- Power Range (Watts): 0 to 2500
- Cadence Range (rpm): 20-220
- Water Resistance Rating: IPX7
- Frame Compatibility: Most frames, see fit guide in our Support section
- Device Compatibility: ANT+, Bluetooth Smart Ready
- Software Compatibility: Training Peaks, Strava, Garmin Training Center and others
- Tool free battery replacement
- Active temperature compensation
- Accelerometer based cadence measurement
- Wireless firmware upgrades