Stages Shimano Dura-Ace R9100 Dual Sided Power Meter Crankset - 53/39T
It's been an open secret that members of WorldTour powerhouse Team Sky have been testing a dual-sided version of the Stages power meter, and after several years of rigorous testing by these champion professional cyclists it's now available for purchase. The Stages Shimano Dura-Ace R9100 Dual Sided Power Meter Crankset features a Dura-Ace 9100 crankset with 53/39T chainrings and Stages power meter sensors factory installed on each crank arm. Stages has already set the standard for user-friendly, super-accurate, exceptionally durable power meters that also are astoundingly minimalist in structure, and now cyclists have the ability to individually measure the power output of each leg for even better data analysis. The sensors add just 35 grams to the Dura-Ace 9100 crankset and are ready to pair with any ANT+ or Bluetooth Smart compatible cycling computer.
To retain power accuracy, Stages power meters are equipped with ATC (Active Temperature Compensation). Different temperatures cause strain gauges to expand and contract a specific amount. ATC allows the power meter to compensate for temperature changes that would otherwise affect the strain gauges and their ability to accurately measure force. More importantly, Stages ATC auto-adjusts on the fly, without the need to stop pedaling.
Furthermore, the Stages power meter also measures cadence as unobtrusively as it measures power by the use of an accelerometer - the same technology used to tell your smart phone how to orient its screen. The proprietary circuitry houses this cadence tool, allowing the meter to eliminate the antiquated need of magnets, external sensors, cables, and zip ties to measure cadence. This modern technology also allows the meter to capture multiple positions per revolution, resulting in a faster response and better overall data.
- Shimano Dura-Ace R9100 crankset with 53/39T chainrings and Stages power sensors factory installed on both crank arms
- Dual sensors provide the ability to measure the power output of right and left legs individually
- +/- 1% accuracy at 100w/90rpm (per side)
- Active temperature compensation technology helps ensure accurate power readings
- Device compatibility: ANT+ and Bluetooth Smart
- Software compatibility: StagesLink, Training Peaks, Strava, Garmin Training Center, and others
- Internal sensors measure cadence, omitting need for a magnet
- Sensors add just 35g of weight to the crankset
- 175+ hours of battery life in each sensor
- Each sensor powered by user replaceable 2032 coin cell battery
- Waterproof housing to handle all weather conditions
- Wireless firmware upgrade capacity via the Stages app