GT Karakoram 2.0 29er Women's Mountain Bike - 2013If you're going to ride well, you should feel comfortable enough to meet that expectation. The GT GTw Karakoram 2.0 women's mountain bike delivers great technology and women's specific components to keep you confident while on the trail.
The GTw (GT Women's) aluminum frame is hydroformed to move the material around where it counts. The bottom bracket and seat and chain stays are reinforced to minimize flex for a better quality of ride. The stiff design means more power and speed with less effort spent. A taller head tube and shorter top tube caters to a woman's natural body shape and places you in a more upright position for greater comfort and control.
The Karakoram features a Rock Shox XC28 TK MG fork with 100mm of travel; perfect for cross country riding. The fork is capable of handling light trail obstacles and a lockout lets you seize the forks motion for more efficient trail climbing, or when riding the bike on the road. A pair of Shimano hydraulic brakes offer superior stopping power and prolong the life of your wheels by braking on a rotor, and not the surface of the rim. The Alex TD19 wheels are double walled for reinforcement and are outfitted with Maxxis Aspen 29" tires with a 2.1" width. The width allows the tires to be versatile enough to handle tight singletrack without being cumbersome.
The custom mix of Shimano Alivio, Acera and Deore parts save weight without compromising on performance. The Alivio Rapid Fire shifters, named for their ability to quickly turn through gears for comfort, work in tandem with the Deore rear derailleur, which stays out of harm's way with the patented Shimano Shadow design. The Karakoram 2.0 is finished off with a Women's specific saddle and comfortable Slim Line racing grips.
Exclusively Available to Ship to Any Retail Location
GT Karakoram 2.0 29er Women's Mountain Bike - 2013
- bottom bracket:
- Tange Sealed
- Shimano BR-M395, Hydraulic Disc, W/ 160mm Rotor
- Shimano CS-HG30-9, 11-34T, 9 Speed
- Shimano Alivio FC-M430, 44/32/22T
- Rock Shox XC28 TK Mg w/100mm Travel, 29", Hydraulically Damped, Magnesium Lowers, 28mm Chrome Steel Uppers, Forged Crown, Post Mount Disc Brake, Turn Key Lock Out, Rebound Adjust, QR
- NEW 29" Hydroformed & Butted Speed Metal Aluminum (TT/DT) Frame, w/ Triple Triangle and GTw geometry, Replaceable Derailleur Hanger, Disc Brake Mounts, and Zerostack 1 1/8" Head Tube
- front derailleur:
- Shimano Acera FD-M390
- GT Slim Line Racing Wing W/ Waffle
- All Terra 6061 Aluminum Riser, 685mm Width, 30mm Rise, 31.8mm Clamp
- FSA No.11N 1 1/8" Threadless, Zerostack
- Shimano Bl-M395 Hydraulic
- GT Slim Line Flat Pedal, Cast Alloy
- rear derailleur:
- Shimano Deore Shadow, RD-M592
- rear shock:
- All Terra Tacoma Womans W/ Crome Rail
- All Terra Alloy Micro-Adjust, 30.9mm
- Shimano Alivio, Sl-M430, Rapid Fire
- All Terra 1 1/8" Threadless, 3D Forged, 4-Bolt W/ CNC Face Plate, 5° Rise, 31.8mm Clamp
- Maxxis Aspen 29X2.10"
- Alex TD19, Double Wall, 32H, All Terra Alloy Disc, W/ Quick Release