SPECIAL OFFERFREE ASSEMBLY When Shipped To Store See details
GT Zaskar Carbon 100 9R Team 29er Mountain Bike - 2013There is an overwhelming amount of choice when it comes to picking a bike for any given trail system. However, it all boils down to how you like to ride. There are three kinds of cross-country mountain bikers. The first kind is measured in their effort and loves the journey, not necessarily the destination. The second kind wants to tear the cover off the trail with blistering speed and conquer technical challenges. The third kind doesn't care what lies ahead-- they've got the 2013 GT Zaskar Carbon 100 9R Team and they can do whatever they feel like.
Mountain bikes are made of other people's stuff, like SRAM or Easton. What is distinctly GT is what sets this bike apart from the rest. GT uses their patented and proven I-Drive full suspension technology. An Independent Drivetrain requires fewer pivots or less linkage to save precious weight and allows the suspension to focus solely on what it's supposed to do: handle the trail. Regardless of how the rear wheel moves, the I-Drive design won't pull on the chain, crank or pedals. This insulates the rider from suspension induced feedback and results in pedaling efficiency. The rear wheel path is left to follow the force of impact on its own, which means reduced drag, preserved momentum and a faster, smoother ride. Now, let's talk about carbon.
GT's proprietary FOC Ultra carbon frame methodology allows them to make a bike that doesn't flex in ways it shouldn't: while pedaling, steering or from impact forces. They use the fewest layers of high-modulus carbon possible to achieve a stiff, reliable and responsive ride. The Zaskar Carbon 100 frame features 100mm of travel and a tapered 1 ½" head tube improves steering response, reduces flex and provides greater impact deflection at high speeds in rough terrain.
Fox is widely recognized as a leader in fork design and performance. The Zaskar Carbon Pro features the all-new Fox Float 32 CTD FIT 29 fork, with 100mm of travel, and a gorgeous ride-enhancing Kashima coat. While the name is a convoluted mouthful, the design couldn't have been made easier for any rider to use. Forks in general have become over-complicated to tune. Lockout, rebound, preload, both high speed and low speed compression -- it can be overwhelming. The new CTD design (Climb, Trail, Descend) utilizes one lever to quickly switch the compression to the ideal setting. The Climb setting adds low-speed compression to diminish bobbing when standing on the pedals. Trail mode presents moderate low speed compression to balance efficiency and the Descend setting features the ideal blend of high and low speed compression for plush action on steep and aggressive sections of trail. The rear shock is an equally matched Fox Float CTD with a Kashima coating, rebound and compression adjust, and a remote. Really, this is as good as it gets.
Incredibly light and efficient components decorate the Zaskar Carbon Pro. A Shimano XTR drive train supplies all of the lightning fast shifting and braking accuracy you need. The Formula R1 hydraulic brakes generate more than enough power and performance for an All-Mountain or Enduro use. The forged master cylinder body and caliper provide increased modulation, braking power and durability, while the R1's patented caliper piston system increases fluid capacity in the caliper providing stability and fade resistance even on the longest descent. Oh, and the brakes way a mere 270 grams.
The GT Zaskar Carbon 100 Pro is simply decked out with high end technology from brands like Crank Brothers, Truvativ, Selle Italia and Easton. At just 1745 grams, the Easton EA70 XCT wheels are incredibly light for their added durability. They feature butted spokes and welded aluminum UST rims, so you can run them tubeless.
Great components and technology make the 2013 GT Zasker Carbon 100 Pro cross-country mountain bike a terrific choice to handle any trail at any time of year.
- F.O.C. Ultra Speed Blend Carbon Frame with 100mm of travel and a tapered headtube for maximum acceleration
- Fox Racing Shox 32 Float 29 CTD FIT QR15, Kashima coating, and 100mm Travel provides plenty of shock absorption
- Fox Racing Shox Float CTD rear shock with Climb, Trail and Descend tuning, Kashima coating, and remote
- Shimano XTR drivetrain and Formula R1 brakes provide all of the stop-and-go you need to compete
- Carbon Easton EC70 wheel set weighs only 1460 grams
GT Zaskar Carbon 100 9R Team 29er Mountain Bike - 2013
- bottom bracket:
- RaceFace X-Type
- Formula R1 Racing, w/ Alloy Carrier 180mm Rotor
- Shimano XTR, CS-M980, 10-Speed, 11-36T
- KMC X10 SL Ti
- RaceFace Next Carbon, 38/24T, 2x10
- Fox Racing Shox 32 Float 29 CTD FIT Kashima QR15, 100mm Travel, w/ FIT Damper, Rebound Adjust, Remote Lockout, & Tapered Alloy Steerer
- F.O.C. Ultra Speed Blend Carbon Frame, 100mm Travel Independent Drivetrain Suspension System w/ F.O.C. Linkage, Pivots, BB Shell, Dropouts, and 1 1/8" to 1 1/2" Tapered Head Tube, w/ 9R Specific Geometry
- front derailleur:
- Shimano XT, FD-M985, 2x10
- EVA Foam Superlight GT Wings w/ Waffle
- Crankbrothers Cobalt 11 Carbon Flat Bar, 700mm Width, 31.8mm Clamp
- Integrated, 1.5" Lower, 1-1/8" Upper
- Formula R1 Racing w/ Carbon Lever & FCS
- rear derailleur:
- Shimano XTR Shadow Plus, RD-M985-GS
- rear shock:
- Fox Racing Shox Float CTD BV Adjust Kashima, 6.5"x1.5", w/ Rebound & Compression Adjust, Remote Lockout
- Fizik Tundra2 kium
- Crankbrothers Cobalt 11 Carbon
- Shimano XTR, SL-M980, Rapid Fire
- Crankbrothers Cobalt 11, 1-1/8" Threadless, 31.8mm Clamp, Carbon
- Maxxis Aspen, 29"x2.1", 120TPI, Folding Bead
- Easton EC70 XC 29", Carbon