SPECIAL OFFERFREE ASSEMBLY When Shipped To Store See details
Diamondback Mason 29er Mountain Bike - 2014With a new attitude for 2014, the Diamondback Mason is specially designed to be a capable all-mountain 29er hardtail inspired by the trails of Diamondback's home turf--the Pacific Northwest. As 29er innovations emerge, Diamondback's designers felt that although the 29" wheel size has obvious advantages such as angle of attack and ease of obstacle clearing, many 29ers forced a sacrifice in center of balance and handling. And thus the Mason was born. In the words of those very designers, this rig is slack and low slung -- meant for today's shredder who wants to pedal up but charge down with aggressiveness.
Mason's frame is an ultra strong, ultra light butted 6061 aluminum, the industry's primary material for many high-end road and mountain race bikes, cherished for its shape-ability, strength, and resistance to corrosion. The geometry is slung back to maximize downhill assault with ease and speed. To accompany this, Mason needed plenty of beef and plenty of travel in the fork, so the choice was the RockShox Sektor 29er Silver with a jump-ready 140mm of travel and a 15mm quick release thru-axle. This promises unprecedented downhill and cross-country control that takes jumps and obstacles relentlessly with no fear of equipment failure.
To further lend to efficient, pure all-mountain action, Mason designers chose a simple 1 x 10 drivetrain powered by a RaceFace crank and a SRAM X5 shifter/derailleur setup. The promise of this configuration is smooth, instantaneous shifting in any conditions for any situation. In truly all-mountain environs, the need for multiple front shifting options does not really exist. A 32t front ring and an 11-36t SRAM cassette give you all the climbing and accelerating power you need for the dramatic terrain of high-country riding.
Avid DB1 hydraulic disc brakes provide excellent stopping power and amazing modulation for increased trail control. They're also designed to eliminate brake fade under extreme downhill/high rotor heat situations. Top it off with a menu of high-performing alloy parts such as DB Pro handlebars and a DB 6061 stem, and roll it all on a pair of light, super strong alloy double wall rims with Kenda Nevegal tires, and you'll understand the joy and excitement of a pure all-mountain experience.
- 6061 aluminum frame is light, strong, fast, and has ideal all-mountain geometry
- 140mm travel Rockshox Sector 29er Silver fork is ready for any downhill, any obstacle, any terrain
- A 1x10 SRAM/RaceFace drivetrain is simple and provides effortless shifting and plenty of gearing options for tough up and down trails
- Avid DB1 hydraulic disc brakes provide superior stopping and excellent modulation
- 29" wheels surmount obstacles easily, provide great efficiency, and have low rolling resistance
Diamondback Mason 29er Mountain Bike - 2014
- bottom bracket:
- Raceface BB
- AVID DB1 Hydraulic Disc w/ 180mm Front & 160mm Rear G2 Rotors
- SRAM PG-1030 10spd Cassette (11-36t)
- SRAM PC-1031 Power Link - Gold
- RACEFACE Ride w/ NEW Narrow-Wide 32T single ring
- ROCKSHOX Sektor 29 Silver, 140 mm Travel, 15mm Maxle, Solo Air, external rebound adj. w/turnkey lockout, Magnesium Lowers, Alloy 1.5 Tapered Steerer Tube
- Mason 29" All Mountain 6061-T6 Weapons Grade Aluminum w/formed Top Tube, Butted / Formed Down Tube / Seatstays, Tapered Head Tube, ISCG, 142x12mm Maxle Drop out
- front derailleur:
- DB4L 135mm Kraton
- DB ProBar 740mm width 31.8mm Mid Rise
- FSA No57 Taper 1.5 / 1 1/8" Alloy cups, Sealed Cartridge
- AVID DB1 Hydraulic Levers w/ Tooled Reach Adj.
- DB Sound Alloy w/ molded traction pins
- rear derailleur:
- SRAM X7
- rear shock:
- DB MASON Signature saddle
- DB SL309p Alloy Micro Adjust 30.9mm
- SRAM X-5 10spd trigger
- DB AL6061 3D forge 31.8, 50mm ext. 7degree rise
- KENDA Nevegal 29x2.2 frt / Slant 6 29x2.0 rear, Folding
- 32h AM290, 29" Doublewall Disc, Hubs: (F) 32h 15mm thru axle, Alloy, sealed cartridge bearing Disc (R) 32h 142x12 sealed cartridge bearing, 12mm thru axle, Cassette w/ CNC Disc mount, w/ Sram MAXLE QR
You May Also Like
- 2014 Diamondback Sortie 1.0 29er Mountain Bike Our Price: $2,200.00 SALE: $2,199.99
- GT Zaskar 9r Elite 29er Mountain Bike - 2014 Our Price: $1,900.00 SALE: $1,899.99
- GT Sensor 9R 2.0 29er Mountain Bike - 2014 Performance Exclusive Our Price: $1,999.99 SALE: $1,749.99