SPECIAL OFFERFREE ASSEMBLY When Shipped To Store See details
Schwinn Rocket 4 27.5" Mountain Bike - 2014Searching for an entry-level mountain bike that will actually endure riding in an array of off-road situations and deliver a true mountain biking experience can be daunting. The Schwinn Rocket 4 is a 27.5" (a.k.a. 650b) Mountain Bike that offers a solution to that entry-level problem.
For starters, Rocket 4 features an aluminum frame--the same material as higher-end bikes, and an SR Suntour 100mm travel fork create a fully functioning platform for off-road riding that delivers on performance, efficiency, and strength. Rocket 4's 27.5" wheel size is among mountain biking's newer innovations. Originally a 26" wheel discipline, mountain bike makers have been making 29" wheeled bikes, and more recently, 27.5" wheeled bikes. The larger wheel size surmounts obstacles more easily, has lower rolling resistance (as in, they are faster), and situates the rider closer to the wheels for a more balanced ride.
A Shimano 24-speed drivetrain gives the rider easy pedaling on steep inclines, excellent mid-speed ratios for acceleration, and plenty of gears to maintain top speeds or downhill speeds. The Alivio/Altus derailleur and shifter combination uses rapid-fire shifting technology that is fully responsive, ultra reliable, and very easy to master.
Lastly, where lesser brands might slip in a heavier, weaker set of steel handlebars, stem, or seatpost, Schwinn has not. All of these components on Rocket4 are aluminum alloy, which is the material of race-level components; the weight or strength advantage in the more expensive cousins of these parts certainly exists via more precise forging, shaping, and refining techniques, but is something that an entry level or casual rider would not necessarily benefit from. The Rocket 4 is a bike that can take real-life hard trail riding, and deliver the rider a safe, rewarding, and exhilarating mountain biking experience.
- Exclusively Available to Ship to Any Retail Location
- Schwinn MTB double-butted aluminum 27.5 MTB frame with SR Suntour XCT suspension fork is light and provides a controlled ride on off-road terrain
- Shimano Alivo/Altus components with 24-speed drivetrain for reliable, efficient shifting and climbing/accelerating/top speed efficiency
- Tektro mechanical disc brakes for increased stopping power in any conditions
- Alloy handlebars, seatpost, and stem are light, strong, and corrosion resistant
Schwinn Rocket 4 27.5" Mountain Bike - 2014
- bottom bracket:
- Promax mechanical disc, 160 mm rotors
- Shimano HG31, 11-34t, 8-speed
- KMC Z72, 8-speed
- SR Suntour XCT alloy 42/32/22t
- SR Suntour XCT MLO 27.5" with 100 mm travel
- Schwinn MTB trail aluminum 27.5
- front derailleur:
- Shimano Altus
- Schwinn MTB trail grips
- Schwinn S1 MTB alloy, 31.8, 20 mm rise
- FSA threadless, 1 1/8"
- Promax alloy
- Resin body with reflector
- rear derailleur:
- Shimano Alivio 8-speed
- rear shock:
- Schwinn trail MTB
- Alloy, 27.2 × 350
- Shimano SL-M310 Altus Rapid Fire+
- Schwinn S1 MTB alloy, 31.8
- Innova MTB, 27.5 × 2.1
- Alex TD26 double wall 32 hole w/alloy QR Hubs
You May Also Like
- Schwinn Rocket 2 27.5" Mountain Bike - 2014 Our Price: $750.00 SALE: $749.99