GT Zaskar LE 9R Pro 29er Mountain Bike - 2013Ridiculously fast and equally as fun, the 2013 GT Zaskar LE 9R Pro provides you with an amazing cross country experience. The LE 9R Pro is a Shimano XTR-level mountain bike with more high-powered brands and industry leading technology then should be legally allowed. Fortunately, mountain biking on a jaw-dropping hardtail continues to be acceptable in most states.
GT's aluminum version of the Zaskar is made from GT Speed Metal, a light-weight construction designed to be light enough so you can climb quickly and descend comfortably. Hydroformed tubes are reshaped to direct material where it's needed most, allowing the frame to exhibit superior strength-to-weight characteristics. The gussets, or where the tubes are welded together, give added support during extra intensity for your added security.
Fox is widely recognized as a leader in fork design and performance. The Zaskar Carbon Pro features the all-new Fox Float 32 CTD FIT 29 fork with 100mm of travel and a 15mm thru-axle. While the name is a convoluted mouthful, the design couldn't have been made easier for any rider to use. Forks in general have become over-complicated to tune. Lockout, rebound, preload, both high speed and low speed compression -- it can be overwhelming. The new CTD design (Climb, Trail, Descend) utilizes one lever to quickly switch the compression to the ideal setting. The Climb setting adds low-speed compression to diminish bobbing when standing on the pedals. Trail mode presents moderate low speed compression to balance efficiency and the Descend setting features the ideal blend of high and low speed compression for plush action on steep and aggressive sections of trail.
The Zaskar LE 9R Pro features a Shimano Deore XTR drivetrain. The XTR shifters showcase advanced Light Action shifting and vivid indexing. A Shimano Deore XTR Shadow rear derailleur improves stability, eases adjustment and reaction time under pressure. A Race Face carbon Next 2x10 crank, with 40/28 rings, is paired with an XT 11/36 10-speed cassette. This aggressive combo gives you great versatility, yet clearly meant for some high output XC trail riding. The Formula R1 hydraulic brakes generate more than enough power and performance for an All-Mountain or Enduro use. The forged master cylinder body and caliper provide increased modulation, braking power and durability, while the R1's patented caliper piston system increases fluid capacity in the caliper providing stability and fade resistance even on the longest descents. Oh, and they way a mere 270 grams.
Easton and Crank Brothers are now veterans of the mountain biking game. Year after year they continue to produce innovative products that produce results. Easton EA70 XCT wheels are widely spec'd by many bike brands for their compromise between durability and lightweight performance. While many wheels aspire to provide this balance, they often exceed 2000 grams in weight. Not the EA70 XCT. They weigh only 1745 grams. This UST compatible wheel set features welded Easton aluminum rims, butted spokes, a generous 19-millimeter internal rim width for the highly lauded Maxxis Aspen 2.1 tires, and sealed cartridge bearings. Finally, the thru-axle 15x100 front wheel supplies incredible stiffness for maximum power transfer, resulting in a bike that tracks in and out of tight single track corners like it's shot out of a cannon.
- Speed Metal Ultra Alloy Blend Hydroformed frame, tapered head tube
- Fox Racing Shox 32 Float 29 CTD fork with Remote, Rebound Adjust, FIT Damper, Remote Lockout
- High-end Shimano XTR components and RaceFace Next Carbon 2x10 crank set
- Easton EA70 29" XCT wheelset
GT Zaskar LE 9R Pro 29er Mountain Bike - 2013
- bottom bracket:
- RaceFace X-Type
- Formula R1, w/ 160mm Alloy Carrier Rotor
- Shimano Deore XT, CS-M771, 10-Speed, 11-36T
- KMC X10
- RaceFace Next Carbon , 40/28T, 2x10
- Fox Racing Shox 32 Float 29 CTD Remote, w/ Rebound Adjust, FIT Damper, Remote Lockout, & Tapered Alloy Steerer
- NEW Speed Metal Ultra Alloy Blend Hydroformed(TT,DT,ST,CS), Triple Triangle Frame Construction, w/ 2 Piece PM Disc Brake Tabs, Forged BB, HT, Dropouts, Tapered 1 1/8" to 1 1/2" HT, w/ 9R Specific Geometry
- front derailleur:
- Shimano Deore XT, FD-M785, 2x10
- EVA Foam Superlight GT Wings w/ Waffle
- Crankbrothers Cobalt 2 Flat Bar, 680mm Width, 31.8mm Clamp
- FSA No.42 ACB, Integrated, 1.5" Lower, 1-1/8" Upper
- Formula R1 w/ TFRA
- rear derailleur:
- Shimano XTR Shadow Plus, RD-M985-GS
- rear shock:
- Fizik Tundra2 Mg
- Crankbrothers Cobalt 2
- Shimano XTR, SL-M980, Rapid Fire
- Easton EA70, 1-1/8" Threadless, 8° Rise, 31.8mm Clamp
- Maxxis Aspen, 29"x2.1", 120TPI, Folding Bead
- Easton EA70 29" XCT