Fuji Gran Fondo 2.3 C Road Bike - 2013A successful road bike begins with comfort. Using a longer head tube than a traditional race bike, about 10mm on a 55cm frame, the Fuji Gran Fondo 2.3 C creates a slightly more upright rider position in order to stave off upper body fatigue on longer rides. The longer wheel base makes handling snappy, but predictable. Shimano Ultegra 20-speed and Oval Concept components add modern technology and maximum efficiency to a great all-around bike. If you're looking for a carbon fiber bike that has the chops to go fast, but with a geometry that'll keep you comfortable all-day long, then the Fuji Gran Fondo 2.3 C is the bike you need.
The Gran Fondo frame is made from Fuji's proprietary C5 high modulus carbon blend. High modulus is an engineering term which defines stiffness in fibers. Therefore, a high modulus frame has a stiffer blend of fibers which results in less flex and better transmission of power spent. Carbon fiber, used for much of its modern life in the aerospace industry, is a valuable high performance product for its lightweight, high temperature tolerance and low thermal expansion properties. The C5 frame is further refined with a Shimano press fit bottom bracket and tapered head tube. The larger press fit design allows Fuji to move the frame material around, thinning out the seat stays and strengthening the chain stays, which puts the carbon where it matters to you most. The tapered head tube stiffens the front end of the bike for better power transmission.
Shimano Tiagra is the workhorse component group from Shimano. Known for its dependability and efficiency, Tiagra is the perfect component group for longer endurance-type rides, so it's more than suitable for shorter weekend rides. Shimano Tiagra STI shifters provide quick and precise gear changes and the Tiagra 10-speed rear derailleur reacts to every shift quickly.
The Fuji Gran Fondo 2.3 C is meant to be enjoyed no matter your length of ride. While it is capable of high speed, you may never need it as you roll down the road in the quiet, zen-like comfort that we call riding a road bike.
- Exclusively Available to Ship to Any Retail Location
- C5 high-modulus carbon frame delivers comfort and control
- Shimano Tiagra 20-speed drivetrain provides dependability and efficiency
- Tektro brakes are designed to supply ample power
- Vera Corsa double wall rims increase the life of the wheel
Fuji Gran Fondo 2.3 C Road Bike - 2013
- bottom bracket:
- Press-fit BB86 sealed bearing
- Tektro R540 forged-alloy dual pivot w/ cartridge pads
- Shimano Tiagra, 12-30T, 10-speed
- KMC X10, 10-speed
- Oval 730 forged alloy, 50/34T
- FC-440 carbon monocoque w/ tapered carbon steerer & carbon dropout
- C5 high-modulus carbon, integrated head tube w/ 1 1/2" lower, internal cable routing, oversized PIIS BB86 shell, double water bottle mounts
- front derailleur:
- Shimano Tiagra, braze-on mount
- Oval 300 suede-padded tape
- Oval 310 butted 6061 alloy, 31.8mm
- FSA Orbit C-40, 1 1/8" upper - 1 1/2" lower, integrated
- Shimano Tiagra STI
- rack mounts:
- rear derailleur:
- Shimano Tiagra, 10-speed
- Oval R500 w/ CrMo hollow rails
- Oval 905, carbon 31.6mm x 350mm
- Shimano Tiagra STI shifter/brake combo, Flight Deck-compatible, 20-speed
- Oval 313 3D-forged 6061 alloy, 31.8mm, +/- 7 degrees
- Vittoria Zaffiro Pro Slick, 60 tpi, 700c x 25mm, folding
- Vera Corsa double-wall aero alloy clincher, 20/24H alloy road rims, bladed spokes