Fuji SST 2.1 C Road Bike - 2013The 2013 Fuji SST 2.1 C is meant to impress. Originally designed for the Pro circuit criteriums, the SST series takes an all-business approach to road riding, where the priority order of things to accomplish during a ride are results, results, and more results. Sure, with an amazing C5 carbon hi-mod frame and Shimano Ultegra components, you could just sit up and enjoy a nice day in the saddle, but when you sit down behind the wheel of a Porsche sports car, don't you want to rev the engine? Just a little?
Lightweight high-performance and durability are a balancing act. Move too much in either direction and you'll compromise the ride quality. However, when Fuji selected their proprietary C5 high modulus carbon for the SST, they killed those two birds with one stone. The frame is manufactured with a bladder-style mold, which allows Fuji to use their premium and lightweight carbon material to maximize the SST's strength to weight ratio. Fuji utilizes a tapered head tube to improve both the front-end handling and stiffness during all-out accelerations; the less flex, the better. A Press-Fit Shimano BB86 houses the crankset bearings inside the frame to reduce weight, compared to a standard external bearing crankset, while the larger bottom bracket surface area created allows for an oversized down tube and chain stays for even more lateral stiffness. The SST is mounted with an FC-440 carbon fork to further reduce road vibration and tapered for confident handling.
The Fuji SST 2.1 C drivetrain is outfitted with Shimano Ultegra components. Shimano Ultegra features flawless function and lightweight performance. That's why Fuji selected Ultegra and a Rotor 3DF Compact crankset to provide the efficiency that you require for hills and descents alike. The Ultegra 6700 shifter levers are angled outward, which gives a head start on the arc of the shift with optimized hand placement, increasing comfort and efficiency. Ergonomics are further enhanced by a re-profiled perch that reduces overall reach and girth. The wide-link Ultegra rear derailleur's main body was produced with rigid pivots, which creates the foundation for precise shifts. The body and cage design accommodates up to a 28 tooth large cog so any mountain can be attacked with confidence. The SST comes with a more middle-ground 11/28 cassette, so you get the best of both worlds.
Oval Concepts provide the majority of the static component package. Oval 310 and 713 series handlebar and stem are oversized for improved handling and maximum stiffness during acceleration on the drops. The material is leaned out for lighter weight without compromising durability. An improved and lighter Oval carbon aero seatpost is easy to adjust fore and aft to ensure proper pedaling position.
Finally, Shimano Ultegra dual pivot brakes brake upon low spoke count Oval W535 wheels with Hutchinson Equinox II tires. The Equinox II is designed to provide excellent durability and it's a versatile tire for training, touring and commuting. A dual compound surface provides great grip in all conditions.
Exclusively Available to Ship to Any Retail Location Features:
Fuji SST 2.1 C Road Bike - 2013
- bottom bracket:
- Rotor press-fit BB86-30 sealed bearing
- Shimano Ultegra
- Shimano 105, 11-28T, 10-speed
- KMC X10, 10-speed
- Rotor 3DF, 50/34T
- FC-440 carbon monocoque w/ RIB Tech, tapered carbon steerer & carbon dropout
- C5 high-modulus carbon w/ RIB Tech, integrated head tube w/ 1 1/2" lower, aero seat tube, internal cable routing, oversized PIIS BB86 shell, double water bottle mounts
- front derailleur:
- Shimano Ultegra, braze-on mount
- Oval 300 suede-padded tape
- Oval 310 butted 6061 alloy, 31.8mm
- FSA Orbit C-40, 1 1/8" upper - 1 1/2" lower, integrated
- Shimano Ultegra STI
- rack mounts:
- rear derailleur:
- Shimano Ultegra, 10-speed
- Oval R700 w/ CrMo-Ti hollow rails
- Oval aero carbon 290mm
- Shimano Ultegra STI shifter/brake combo, Flight Deck-compatible, 20-speed
- Oval 713 3D-forged 7050 alloy, 31.8mm, +/- 6 degrees
- Hutchinson Equinox II, 60 tpi, 700c x 23mm, folding
- Oval W535 alloy clincher, 35mm rim - 700c
You May Also Like
- Fuji Altamira 2.2 C Road Bike - 2013 Our Price: $3,499.99 SALE: $2,624.99
- Fuji Altamira 2.1 Road Bike - 2013 Our Price: $4,599.99 SALE: $3,499.99
- Kestrel 4000 LTD Triathlon Road Bike - 2013 Ultegra Di2 Our Price: $5,500.00 SALE: $4,124.99