Fuji Traverse 1.5 Sport Hybrid Bike - 2013Versatility is not always easy to find in today's world of specialization. This is especially true in the world of cycling. Fuji has an answer for those who are looking for a bike that is excellent for fitness, but is also versatile, comfortable, and of good quality for recreation: The Fuji Traverse 1.5 Comfort Hybrid Bike.
First of all, while the Traverse scores high on the speed, agility, and fitness factors, its lightweight T6-6061 aluminum frame features a more relaxed geometry than competition frames would--this means you still get plenty of pedaling torque, but while sitting a bit higher up to prevent back, neck, or shoulder stress. The Suntour NEX suspension fork adds to the comfort by absorbing road bumps and potholes so you don't have to. This winning combination rides on a pair of lightweight Vera Terra double wall alloy rims--alloy equals light, and double wall equals strong. Vera EOS tires are slick for excellent efficiency, but wide for added traction and comfort.
The Traverse also features a Shimano Tourney front derailleur and cassette as well as a Shimano Altus rear derailleur with Shimano EZ-fire shifters...and they are just that. You'll experience smooth, quick, and responsive shifting that won't go out of adjustment. Power this shifting setup with a Vuelta 48/38/28-tooth crankset, and you get 21 speeds of gearing for any riding situation from acceleration, to high speeds, to climbing steep inclines.
In addition to a more relaxed frame geometry, the Traverse 1.5 takes other comfort measures as well. The Oval Ergo Paddle grips and Oval Sport saddle provide plenty of padding where it counts, and the aluminum alloy riser handlebars and stem keep you sitting tall. In addition, this setup gives you greater control and 360° visibility for enhanced safety.
For those with an active lifestyle who like a quick commute to the local shopping center, school, or workplace, or those who enjoy rides in the neighborhood, local park or greenway, or dirt/gravel country lanes, the Fuji Traverse is sporty, strong, durable, engineered for performance, and definitely delivers the fun.
- T6 6061 aluminum alloy frame is light, durable, and corrosion resistant
- Suntour NEX fork provides 65mm of travel to absorb all kinds of obstacles
- Vera Terra double-wall alloy rims w/quick-release are light, durable, and convenient
- Tektro linear pull alloy brakes are light, never need bleeding, and work in all conditions
- 21-speed Shimano drivetrain offers plenty of options for acceleration, top speed, and hill climbing
Fuji Traverse 1.5 Sport Hybrid Bike - 2013
- bottom bracket:
- FSA, sealed cartridge bearing
- Tektro linear pull, forged alloy
- Shimano Tourney, 14-34T, 7-speed
- KMC Z51, 7-speed
- Vuelta, 48/38/28T w/ chainguard
- SR Suntour NEX adjustable, 63mm travel
- A2-SL butted 6061, semi-integrated headtube, and water bottle mounts, forged dropout w/replaceable hanger
- front derailleur:
- Shimano Tourney, 34.9mm
- Oval Ergo Paddle
- Fuji PGC, alloy w/ 10mm rise, 25.4mm
- FSA, semi-integrated
- Shimano EZ-Fire, 2-finger
- Nylon body
- rear derailleur:
- Shimano Altus, 7-speed
- rear shock:
- Oval Sport
- Fuji PGC, alloy, 31.6mm
- Shimano EZ-Fire, 7-speed
- Fuji PGC, melt-forged alloy w/ 20 degree rise, 25.4mm
- Vera EOS, 700 x 38c, 30 tpi
- Formula alloy hubs, 32H Vera Terra double-wall alloy rims w/ quick-release
You May Also Like
- Fuji Traverse 1.3 Sport Hybrid Bike - 2013 Our Price: $499.99 SALE: $374.99
- Fuji Traverse 1.3 D Sport Hybrid Bike - 2014 Our Price: $750.00 SALE: $749.99
- Fuji Traverse 1.5 D Women's Sport Hybrid Bike - 2014 Our Price: $600.00 SALE: $599.99