Fuji Nevada 1.7 29er Mountain Bike - 2014The 2014 Fuji Nevada 29 1.7 mountain bike is a great choice for getting started on the trail. With the latest technology in frame manufacturing, suspension, and components, the Nevada is built to last. Are you ready for some serious singletrack fun?
The Nevada is designed around a proprietary Fuji A2-SL frame that features a PowerCurve down tube and an oversized seat tube. A2 (which is aluminum and stands for Altair 2) is double-butted for reinforcement, which should give you added confidence regarding the bike's durability and strength. The geometry of the bike places you in a comfortable, upright position for the best field of vision and handlebar control. The frame is matched with an SR Suntour fork that features 100mm of travel.
So, why a 29er instead of a 26" mountain bike? For one thing, larger diameter wheels allow you to roll over obstacles easier and faster. Plus, a larger wheel enables you to carry more momentum, provide better stability, and they have a larger contact patch (the surface area that actually touches the ground at any one time) so they tend to float over soft ground rather than sink in.
The components on the Nevada are dependable and keep trail performance in mind. A 24-speed Shimano drivetrain features EZ-Fire trigger shifters, a Shimano Acera rear derailleur for precise shifting, and mechanical disc brakes to slow you down, even at great speeds and in adverse weather conditions.
- Fuji A2-SL custom-butted alloy frame provides comfort and trail strength
- SR Suntour fork with 100mm of travel
- Mechanical disc brakes provide increased stopping power and improve the life of the wheels
- Shimano 24-speed drivetrain with EZ-Fire shifters
Fuji Nevada 1.7 29er Mountain Bike - 2014
- bottom bracket:
- FSA square taper w/ sealed cartridge bearing
- Mechanical disc, 180mm/160mm rotor
- Shimano HG31, 11-34T, 8-speed
- KMC, HV700, 8-speed
- SR Suntour XCT, 42/32/22T
- SR Suntour SF14-XCT-MLO w/ 100mm travel
- Fuji A2-SL custom-butted alloy w/ PowerCurve down tube, oversized seat tube
- front derailleur:
- Shimano Altus, M310, 34.9mm
- Oval dual-density Kraton
- Oval M100, alloy bar, 9° sweep, 31.8mm diameter, 710mm wide
- FSA 1 1/8" semi-integrated, caged bearings
- Shimano EF51 2-finger brake/shifter combo
- Plastic platform
- rear derailleur:
- Shimano Acera, M360 SGS, 8-speed
- rear shock:
- Oval Mountain w/ satin steel rails
- Oval, alloy double-bolt micro-adjust, 31.6mm x 350mm
- Shimano EF51 EZ Fire, 8-speed
- Oval, melt-forged alloy, 31.8mm clamp diameter, 10° rise
- Vera Eos, 29" x 2.1", 30 tpi
- Formula DC-20 front / DC-22 rear, 32H hubs w/ Vera Terra DPD18 rims