Fuji Outland 29 1.3 D 29er Mountain Bike - 2014The Fuji Outland 29 1.3 mountain bike is race ready for 2014, featuring an ultra-light aluminum frame, FSR suspension design, and components from Shimano, Rock Shox and Schwalbe. You will be able to tell immediately that the Fuji Outland series was designed for high-powered, XC 29er performance.
Every great XC bike begins with a sound frame and suspension design. For the Outland, Fuji utilized their proprietary Altair A6 SL aluminum tubing on an FSR suspension platform. Made of 6066 aluminum, Altair 6 has a high yield value (increased strength), and an ultra-light, butted tube profile that boasts increased wall thicknesses in high-stress areas and shaves material where it's not needed. The result is a ride with a spritely-feel, but doesn't compromise on strength, rigidity and agility. Thanks to the FSR suspension, the Outland delivers more control, comfort and efficiency to every ride by isolating chain torque and brake loads. The FSR design is independent of brake forces, so it's free to compress and rebound over terrain features whether you're braking or not; allowing the tires to maintain contact with the ground a greater percentage of the time. The rear brake and drivetrain are decoupled on "floating" seatstays, keeping the FSR suspension active under braking to provide maximum control when it's most needed. Maximum control means greater traction. Finally, the FSR drivetrain is independent of the suspension, so pedal stroke is not affected. Chain torque won't engage the suspension, so as a rider puts effort into the pedals the bike will propel forward, not up and down.
A proven and lightweight Rock Shox Recon Gold 29er fork with 100mm of travel provides all the suspension you need for a fast-paced singletrack ride. The Recon Gold RL features a rebound adjust and a tapered steerer. The 15mm thru axle design further stiffens the front end for response and handling. A Rock Shox Monarch RL rear shock supplies plenty of rear cushion and features a rebound adjust for custom tuning to every trail.
A custom mix of Shimano Deore/XT/SLX components are race-ready and incredibly efficient. The 38/24 SLX 2x10 crankset is race optimized and features a lighter weight thanks to the Hollowtech II design. The SLX shift levers are of course matched to a set of powerful SLX M675 hydraulic disc brakes with 180/160mm rotors. Finally, the Shadow construction of the XT rear derailleur avoids trail snagging and keeps shifting performance consistent.
The static handlebar, stem and seatpost components are provided by Oval Concepts. Oval has specialized in high-end parts and wheels for many years. Fuji paid close attention to the details required to execute a great cross country race machine. The Oval M313 stem has a slight 6 degree rise, while the 710mm wide M250 handlebar is flat as a pancake and features a 9-degree sweep. This combination puts your body and weight further forward on the bike. The end result is better handling and more control over obstacles. Sun Inferno 25 29" rims are laced with SLX hubs. The Inferno/SLX combinations are outfitted with Schwalbe Nobby Nic 29x2.25 tubeless ready tires. Don't let the name fool you. The Nobby Nic's, while indeed knobby, are the perfect everyman tire. They provide supreme traction by spacing the knobs out, which creates enough void space for soft soil and increases the tire's mud-shedding capabilities.
- Proprietary A6-SL alloy frame, custom-butted, semi-integrated tapered headtube and FSR suspension design
- Rock Shox Recon Gold fork and Monarch RL rear shock offer plenty of customization as trail conditions change
- Shimano Deore/SLX/XT drivetrain is custom equipped for dependability and high efficiency
- Oval Components supply strength and durability to every ride
Fuji Outland 29 1.3 D 29er Mountain Bike - 2014
- bottom bracket:
- Shimano BB91 press-fit
- Shimano Deore M615 hydraulic, 180mm/160mm rotor
- Shimano Deore HG62, 11-36T, 10-speed
- KMC X10, 10-speed
- Shimano SLX, M675 hollow Tech II w/ integrated spindle, 38/24T
- RockShox Recon Gold 29 Solo Air w/ 15mm thru axle, tapered alloy steerer, 100mm travel
- A6-SL alloy, custom-butted, semi-integrated tapered headset w/ 1.5" lower bearing, hydroformed top and down tube
- front derailleur:
- Shimano SLX, M676, high direct mount
- Oval dual-density Kraton, lock-on
- Oval M250, alloy riser bar, 9° sweep, 31.8mm diameter, 710mm wide, +/- 5mm rise
- FSA 1 1/8" - 1.5", sealed cartridge bearings
- Shimano Deore M615 hydraulic
- rear derailleur:
- Shimano Deore XT, M781 SGS Shadow, 10-speed
- rear shock:
- RockShox Monarch RL
- Oval M400 w/ CrMo rails
- Oval M300, alloy double-bolt micro-adjust, 31.6mm x 350mm
- Shimano SLX, M670 Rapid Fire, 20/30-speed
- Oval M313, 3D-forged alloy, 31.8mm clamp diameter, 6° rise
- Schwalbe Nobby Nic, 29" x 2.25" folding, 67 tpi
- Shimano SLX M678 front / M675 rear, 32H Center Lock disc hubs, Sun Inferno 25 rims