SPECIAL OFFERTOTALLY FREE SHIPPING and ASSEMBLY When Shipped To Store See details
Diamondback Overdrive Sport 29er Mountain Bike - 2014 Performance ExclusiveBack with a vengeance for 2014 is the Diamondback Overdrive Sport; one of our all-time best selling 29ers. The Overdrive Sport steps up 29er cross country riding with a refined drivetrain and capable suspension. There's no denying the rock crawling, root crushing power of a larger 29" wheel. Making the largest of obstacles the smallest of matters is a defining trait of these bikes. By offering decreased rolling resistance, increased traction when cornering and improved ground clearance, a 29er is sure to sway even the staunchest skeptic.
Here are some of the many benefits of a 29" wheel:
- Angle of Attack -- Larger wheels decrease your angle of attack by allowing you to roll over obstacles easier and faster. Bigger wheel = smaller obstacle.
- Momentum -- A larger wheel enables one to carry momentum easier though obstacles.
- Surface Contact -- 29"wheels are less prone to sinking in soft material such as sand and mud due to the larger contact patch causing lower ground pressure. The longer contact patch increases cornering and straight line traction
- Stability -- The relative position of the bottom bracket/cranks to the axles in the wheels also means that your relative center of gravity is lower. This results in a feeling of riding "in" the bike rather than on top of it.
- Tire Clearance -- with more tire choices than any platform, the 29"wheel easily accommodates off road as well as commuting tires.
- Taller Riders -- 29" bikes tend to offer taller riders a more natural-feel and frame geometry.
The Diamondback Overdrive Sport takes 29ers to a new level. The new 2013 6061-T6 Aluminum Overdrive series frame boasts newly formed top and down tubes, a machined headtube, and forged drop outs for added durability. The ever so sloping top tube provides ample standover clearance. A 71° head tube angle and a 73° seat tube angle create the perfect XC/trail geometry. The 390mm (15.4 inch) chainstays equate to an extremely responsive rig.
An SR Suntour XCR-LO 29 gives you 100mm of travel for the perfect amount of cushion up front. The Shimano Acera front and rear derailleurs and SL-M310 shifters make shifting easy. While coming down the mountain, you'll greatly appreciate the Shimano BR-M395 hydraulic disc brakes and their superior stopping power. Weinmann SL-7 double wall rims with WTB Wolverine Race supply support and improve handling.
- Overdrive 29" Butted 6061-T6 Aluminum frame
- SR Suntour XCR-LO 29er fork with 100mm travel
- Shimano Acera 24-speed drivetrain
- Shimano BR-M395 Hydraulic Disc brakes
Diamondback Overdrive Sport 29er Mountain Bike - 2014 Performance Exclusive
- bottom bracket:
- Sealed Cartridge
- Shimano BR-M395 Hydraulic Disc w/180mm frt / 160mm rear Rotors
- SRAM PG-820 8spd Cassette (11-32t)
- SRAM S600 w/ replaceable rings, 42/32/22t
- SR Suntour XCR-LO 29 100mm travel, 30mm stanchions
- Overdrive 29" Butted 6061-T6 Aluminum w/ Formed Top / Down Tube, machined headtube, forged drop outs w/replaceable hanger, disc only
- front derailleur:
- Shimano Acera dual pull, top swing 34.9
- DB4L 135mm Kraton
- DB Lazer Series 31.8mm low rise
- Integrated FSA Drop-in ACB upper, Zero Stack lower internal cup and cartridge bearing, 1 1/8"
- Shimano BR-M395 Hydraulic
- Wellgo Alloy forged, CNC MTB
- rear derailleur:
- Shimano Acera 8spd
- rear shock:
- DB Race saddle
- DB Lazer Series Micro Adjust 30.9mm
- Shimano SL-M310 8spd Rapidfire
- DB AL6061 Ahead 7° 31.8mm
- WTB Wolverine Comp 29x2.2
- 32h Weinmann SL-7 Doublewall
You May Also Like
- Diamondback Recoil Comp 29er Mountain Bike - 2014 Our Price: $1,000.00 SALE: $999.99
- Diamondback Overdrive Comp 29er Mountain Bike - 2014 Performance Exclusive Our Price: $999.99 SALE: $899.99
- Diamondback Overdrive Comp 29er Mountain Bike - 2014 Our Price: $1,000.00 SALE: $999.99