This is the Continental Trail King 27.5 x 2.4 Tubeless Tire with ProTection Casing, Apex Sidewall and BlackChili rubber compound. Rated by many professionals as one of the greatest mountain bike tires ever developed, the Conti Trail King is a great choice on loose, rocky and loamy conditions and is a great choice for your 5"-6" travel bike.
The large volume 2.4 ProTection casing soaks up trail chatter, while the Apex sidewall helps to provide peace of mind and durability in harsh conditions. The large, ramped and siped knobs deliver great grip, combined with incredible acceleration and braking qualities, and the directional pattern has been tailored for use on the front or rear. When you add BlackChili rubber compound to the mix, you get all those performance qualities in a tire that rolls faster, has more grip and a longer tread life than other Continental rubber compounds.
- ProTection: Utilizing a UST-style bead and an additional layer of rubber-coated, high strength nylon that spans the complete width of the tire, ProTection technology provides added durability and air tightness. Combined with sealant, ProTection models deliver low-pressure tubeless performance with improved damping, traction and rolling characteristics.
- BlackChili Compound: Compared to the previous Activated Silica Compound, BlackChili tires have 26% less rolling resistance, a 30% higher friction value (grip) and a 5% increase in mileage. Tires with BlackChili Compound deliver unprecedented performance.
- Revolution Tubeless Ready (RTR): RTR delivers the perfect blend of smooth running, grip, and puncture protection, with a UST style bead, and mid-weight casing for full tubeless compatibility. ProTection RTR features 4 ply heavy duty nylon (4 under tread, 3 in the sidewall).
- Superior puncture protection from the special APEX reinforced sidewall
- Robust 4/240 tpi casing
- Provides stellar grip on even the slickest wet rocks and roots
- Handmade in Korbach
Tire Bead: Folding
Size: 27.5 x 2.4
Tire Type: Clincher, Tubeless Compatible
Intended Use: Free Ride/All Mountain
This product was added to our catalog on June 23, 2015