The Boost standard has taken the mountain biking world by storm and crankbrothers has created the Cobalt 2 29" Boost wheelset for cross country and trail riding enthusiasts. The new Boost standard is all about increasing the stiffness of larger diameter mountain bike wheels by utilizing a wider hub axle spacing (110mm front/148mm rear) and a corresponding wider flange width.
The Cobalt 2 29" Boost edition is rock solid aluminum wheelset that features crankbrothers' unique Twinpair design that's based on the principles of strength, stiffness, and acceleration. The Twinpair design features 12 pairs of spokes (so 24 spokes/wheel front and rear) configured in the strongest shape in construction - the triangle - to maximize strength and stiffness. The Twinpair design also provides lower rotational inertia as the mass is distributed closer to the hub for faster acceleration and deceleration. The spoke configuration is incredibly user-friendly, too, as there's only one spoke length for all the spokes (both front and rear) and with the rim-end of the spoke attaching to an external rib it's possible to change spokes without removing the tire.
The 6061-T6 anodized aluminum rims are the epitome of strength and light weight, and since they don't have any holes rim strips aren't necessary and tubeless conversion is very straightforward. The Cobalt 6061-T6 hubs are legendary performers renowned for strength, reliability, plus smooth-rolling performance thanks to sealed cartridge bearings.
- Boost standard hubs feature a front width of 110mm and a rear width of 148mm
- Hubs are configured with a 15x110mm thru-axle front and a 12x148mm thru-axle rear
- 6061-T6 shot peened anodized rims with smooth weld joints are durable, strong, and lightweight
- Rims are hole-less so no rim tape is required (saves weight and makes tubeless conversion a simple process)
- Twinpair paired-spoke technology features 24 spokes front/rear using the strongest shape in construction, the triangle, to maximize strength and stiffness
- Twinpair design uses a single spoke length plus the spokes are replaceable without removing the tire
- Butted stainless steel spokes for strength, reliability, and weight savings
- Cobalt 6061-T6 alloy hubs are lightweight and strong
- Sealed cartridge bearings keep mud and debris out
- 6-bolt disc rotor compatible
- 3-pawl, steel freehub body is quick to engage, durable, and shaves grams
- Weight: 1,790 grams/pair
This product was added to our catalog on April 25, 2018