Whether you are riding to improve your own personal best or see where you stand against the pros, Edge 1000 lets you connect, compare and compete. Turn every ride into a race by competing on Garmin Connect segments and seeing real-time results on your Edge, including alerts for segment start and finish and leaderboard rankings. The segments feature keeps you motivated and helps you push for continual improvement.
- Own the Road: Along with in-ride challenges and connected features, Edge 1000 offers advanced bike-specific navigation and mapping capabilities. The preloaded Garmin Cycle Map includes OSM (Open Street Map) content with routable road and bike paths, elevation data, points of interest and address search. Mapping data is stored onboard the Edge, so your access to navigation and performance capabilities isn’t dependent on cell coverage, and map updates are free.
- Know Where to Go: Now you can explore more, on and off road, thanks to this device’s round-trip routing feature. Simply enter how far you want to ride, and Edge 1000 calculates up to 3 cycling-friendly routes. You can even review the elevation profiles before making your selection. It also offers a route planner that allows you to create routes directly on the Edge 1000 using the map, POI and segments you’ve downloaded from Garmin Connect. If you do get off course or want to end your ride sooner, Edge can always guide you back to start or calculate the most direct route and provide turn-by-turn directions to get you back.
- At Your Fingertips: Edge 1000 features a 3-inch high-resolution color touchscreen display with dual orientation. It has an ambient light sensor that automatically adjusts the screen brightness to changing light conditions to improve visibility. Unlike your smartphone, the display is optimized to work with gloves and in the rain. You can customize your training pages with up to 10 data fields and use activity profiles to allow for easy transitions when you switch your cycling activity, such as road, mountain or touring.
- Advanced Performance Analysis: Edge 1000 is compatible with ANT+™ sensors, including speed, cadence, heart rate and compatible weight scale. It’s the first Garmin bike computer that integrates with Shimano Di2 electronic shifting systems to display your current gear on the screen. Edge 1000 is also compatible with ANT+ power meters, including Vector™, Garmin's unique pedal-based power meter that measures total power, left/right balance and cadence. A preloaded power-based workout on Edge 1000 allows you to calculate your functional threshold power (FTP), from which you can base your power training zones. The 1000 offers a training calendar and is compatible with advanced workouts, which you can plan, schedule and upload from Garmin Connect.
- Smartphone Connectivity: When paired with your smartphone and the Garmin Connect™ Mobile app, Edge 1000 offers a suite of connected features, including live tracking, incoming call and text alerts, social media sharing, weather, wireless uploads and sending/receiving courses and segments. As soon as your ride is complete, the data can be automatically sent to Garmin Connect via Bluetooth® or Wi-Fi®. This lets you stay connected and instantly share the details of your ride with friends, family and social media contacts. LiveTrack allows your friends and family to follow your races and training activities in real time. Invite followers using email or social media, so they can view your live data on a Garmin Connect tracking page. Once they get your email invite, they can click to follow and see your stats and location on the map.
Dimensions: 2.3x4.4x0.8" (5.8x11.2x2.0cm)
Display Size (WxH): 1.5x2.6" (3.9x6.5cm); 3.0" diag (7.6cm)
Display Resolution (WxH): 240 x 400 pixels
Weight: 4.0 oz (114.5 g)
Battery: Rechargeable lithium-ion
Battery Life: Up to 15 hours
Water Rating: IPX7
High-Sensitivity Receiver: Yes
- Edge 1000
- Preloaded maps
- Mounts (standard and out-front)
- USB cable
This product was added to our catalog on July 23, 2014