Ultralite 235 series wheels are designed for XC race-style mountain biking. Featuring Industry Nine's proprietary Hydra hubsets for ease of conversion and high engagement as well as aluminum spokes, these wheels are 100% made in Industry Nine's Asheville, NC facility. Their spoke design allows them to eliminate the J-bend and the spoke/nipple interface. Their spokes thread directly into the hub shell with a larger diameter thread than the main spoke body, eliminating weakness at the thread. This increases the surface contact area by more than 200% over a standard 14g spoke and nipple combination for greater stiffness. They also feature an updated Ultralite rim that's wider for better tire stability and lower sidewalls for dent resistance and tubeless tire retention.
- Race-ready wheelset that is one of the lightest in its price category
- The Ultralite 24h 375g disc specific aluminum clincher rim (25mm outer/21mm inner width) features a tubeless ready profile
- Proprietary aluminum spokes thread into hub, have flats built in for traditional spoke wrenches and do not require nipples (rear-drive side 2.9/2.7mm butted, non drive 2.9mm; front-disc side 2.9/2.7mm butted, non disc 2.9 mm)
- *Front conversions available separately, use XN-6149 for 9x100mm QR, XN-6151 for 9x100mm TB, and XN-6155 for 20x110mm TA
- **Rear conversions available separately, use # XN-6157 for 10x135mm QR, # XN-6159 for 10x135mm TB, and # XN-6161 for 12x135mm TA
- XD conversions available separately, use # XN-6165
- 180lb suggested rider weight limit
Hub/Brake Compatibility: 6-Bolt Disc
Cassette Body Type: Shimano/SRAM 8-11 Speed
Axles: 15 x 100/12 x 142mm Thru Axle
Wheel Size: 29"
Rim: Ultralite 24
Defined Color: Black
This product was added to our catalog on April 19, 2019