The Maxxis Assegai tire is named after the iron-tipped spear used by the Zulu people of South Africa. Greg Minnaar, a native of South Africa, thought it was a fitting name for a tire ready to do battle on the mountain. The tall knobs punch through dust and loam to find traction, but also offer support and confidence on wet roots and rocks. While other tires excel only in certain conditions, the new Maxxis Assegai is built to go fast everywhere.
The most important part of a tire is arguably the rubber compound used to within the tread and with Maxxis's 3C MaxxTerra you get an intermediate compound with great rolling and grip properties.
- WT: Wide Trail casing used for 2.4"-2.6" wide tires designed for fitment on a wider rim profile
- 3C: Tripple Compound with harder base-layer and two progressively softer top layers for optimal traction and durability
- EXO: Extremely cut-resistant and abrasion resistant material layer added to sidewalls
- EXO+: EXO cut-resistant sidewall protection + SilkShield bead-to-bead protection
- TR: Tubeless Ready for increased traction and lower rolling resistance
27.5 x 2.50 (3C/EXO/TR): 1020g
27.5 x 2.50 (3C/EXO+/TR): 1088g
29 x 2.50 (3C/EXO/TR): 1100g
29 x 2.50 (3C/EXO+/TR): 1165g