This is the Maxxis Minion DHR II 26" EXO Tubeless Ready Mountain Bike Tire, in 3C Maxx Terra Compound. If you're a rider that refuses to sacrifice rolling speed for traction, the Minion DHR II is the tire you have been waiting for. By combining beefed up Minion DHF shoulder knobs with heavily ramped and siped center tread, the Minion DHR II has incredible amounts of corner traction at any lean angle, yet rolls/accelerates fast and tracks straight under breaking. The DHR II is a great choice for aggressive riders when the trail gets rowdy. The DHR II can be used in both the front or rear position, but Maxxis recommends this tire be paired with a Minion DHF in the front for the ultimate combo.
- EXO PROTECTION: An extremely cut-resistant and abrasion-resistant material added to the sidewalls of select mountain tires. This densely woven fabric is also lightweight and highly flexible, ensuring that the performance of the tire remains unaffected. Choose EXO Protection for exceptionally rocky, treacherous trails where the chance of sidewall cuts and abrasions is high.
- TUBELESS READY: Tubeless tires provide the rider with many benefits: the ability to run lower air pressures, which improves traction; lower rolling resistance when compared to a tube-type tire; and less chance of flatting since there is no tube. Maxxis Tubeless Ready (TR) tires provide the benefits of a UST tubeless tire without the weight penalty. Our TR tires use a standard casing and require the use of a liquid sealant in order to make them airtight. Maxxis Tubeless Ready tires are the only Maxxis tires approved for use with liquid sealants. Using a liquid sealant in any non-TR Maxxis tire will void the warranty.
- 3C TRIPLE COMPOUND - MOUNTAIN: Maxxis 3C Triple Compound mountain technology uses a harder, longer lasting base layer and two progressively softer top layers in order to optimize traction and stability. Maxxis offers three different configurations of 3C Triple Compound mountain technology: Maxx Speed, Maxx Terra and Maxx Grip.
- MAXX TERRA: An intermediate compound configuration used in select mountain tires. 3C Maxx Terra is softer and offers more traction than 3C Maxx Speed, yet provides better treadwear and less rolling resistance than Maxx Grip.
- Redesigned, wider shoulder knobs for better cornering
- Paddle-like center knobs for improved braking
- Ramped and siped tread to roll fast and track straight under braking
Tire Size: 26x2.30
Weight (g.): 755
ETRTO - European Measurement: 58-559
Max PSI: 60
TPI - Treads per inch: 60
Compound: 3C MAXX TERRA
This product was added to our catalog on May 26, 2015