The Maxxis Shorty is a versatile mid-spike tire designed for deep loam, loose powder, blown-out corners as well as a bit of mud. A high-volume casing makes the Shorty a more versatile option than a dedicated mud spike like the Wet Scream. Large, tall and slightly staggered side knobs penetrate loose soil to provide predictable, stable cornering at warp speeds. The Shorty is available in trail, enduro, and downhill specs.
The most important part of a tire is arguably the rubber compound used to within the tread and with Maxxis's 3C MaxxGrip you get the softest rubber compounds to offer the ultimate in grip and slow rebound properties for unparalleled traction in DH applications.
- WT: Wide Trail casing used for 2.4"-2.6" wide tires designed for fitment on a wider rim profile
- 3C: Tripple Compound with harder base-layer and two progressively softer top layers for optimal traction and durability
- DH: Dual-ply casing with butyl insert and wire bead adds support in DH application
- TR: Tubeless Ready for increased traction and lower rolling resistance
- DD: DoubleDown provides two 120tpi casing layers reinforced with a butyl insert for DH protection at a lower weight
27.5 x 2.40 (3C/DH): 1270g
27.5 x 2.50 (3C/TR/DD): 1170g
27.5 x 2.50 (3C/TR/DH): 1255g
29 x 2.50 (3C/TR/DH): 1340g
This product was added to our catalog on March 5, 2019