If you're a cyclist that demands the best technology at the best price, then look no further than the Performance Ultra Bib Shorts. Designed in Chapel Hill, NC and made in the United States, the Ultra Bibs ensure you'll be riding at your best.
These bib shorts feature the Ultra TMF Italian chamois with Skyving technology for seamless, pressure-free comfort, and its multi-density foam with Air Mesh layer provides shock absorption, breathability, and moisture-wicking. The shorts' high compression fabric has an embossed texture and uses push/pull technology to manage moisture while the six panel construction with abrasion-resistant side panels maintain a streamlined fit. The open mesh bib straps allow the body to breathe.
Coldblack technology reduces skin temperature under direct sunlight for the ultimate in cooling comfort on hot days and the an UPF 30+ rating means there's protection against the sun's harmful rays. Wide, sublimated leg bands are non-restrictive and the silicone interior helps to keep the shorts perfectly placed. Built with the same features found in high-end cycling shorts, the Performance Ultra Bib Shorts give you all the benefits the pros are accustomed to.
- Nylon/spandex fabric blend with embossed texture improves aerodynamics, manages moisture, and provides high compression at a lighter weight
- Abrasion-resistant side panels are made with a special knit that pulls perspiration from the surface of the skin and pushes it off the face of the material
- Open mesh bib upper for breathable comfort and enhanced stability
- Ultra TMF Italian chamois is anatomically shaped for long distance comfort, features multi-density foams to absorb vibrations, utilizes seamless Skyving technology to eliminate steps between foam layers, plus has a carbon brushed anti-bacterial top sheet
- Italian-made leg opening includes a wide sublimated leg band with silicone print to prevent them from riding up the leg
- 6-panel design with high compression reduces muscle fatigue and speeds up muscle recovery
- UPF 30+ sun protection
- Flatlock seams eliminate chafing
- Reflective accents enhance visibility in low-light conditions
I tried a pair on and they were extremely tight, the straps are way to short. The chamois is not the nice yellow Italian, or even the blue chamois from days gone by. The legs are about mid-thigh, likely because of how small the sizing is. The tag on mine saud Made in the US, but the sizing says Made in China.
What's worse is I found shorts on Amazon with the yellow Italian chamois for 49 bucks.
I called about returning, and I was told they would not take back the pair I tried on and there would be a 15% restocking fee on the other pair.
I should have listened to my senses and stayed away from this new Nashbar/Performance store.
I've been a customer since 1985 and now this. I am so annoyed. Spending 161 bucks on shorts is an investment for me. I live soley on disability from the government because of injuries received in the military, so this may be easier to swallow for some but not for me.
A 35 year relationship with Performance/ Nashbar, and thousands spent over the years and now it's over.
The chamois is very nice. I do enjoy riding with these bibs.
These are so small I'm going to have to cut the bib straps and add 3 inches of material to make these wearable.