New for 2017, the Rocky Mounts BackStage is the first platform hitch rack that offers full access to the rear of your vehicle. Either empty or with one or two bikes loaded, the rack can be swung to the passenger side for full access to the rear of the vehicle. The BackStage has been tested on RVs, Sprinters, and Chevy Suburbans, and with the rack's cantilevered arm swinging out 41" it works with all cars and trucks. The BackStage is a must-have for campers, vans, dog owners, or anyone that doesn't want to compromise regarding rear of vehicle access while transporting bikes.
The BackStage is also impressively versatile in its ability to carry bikes with wheel sizes ranging from 20" to 29" and the ability to transport fat bikes with tire widths up to 5.0". With a load arm attachment over the front wheel and a rear wheel strap, the bike-to-rack attachment mechanism completely eliminates frame contact. Furthermore, the BackStage includes a lock pod to secure the rack to the vehicle as well as a locking cable that secures the bikes to the rack.
- Platform hitch rack that swings away to allow full access to rear of vehicle
- No frame contact - bikes secured via load arm over front wheel and rear wheel strap
- Rack compatible with 2" receiver hitch
- Compatible with 20" - 29" wheels
- Compatible with tires up to 5.0" wide
- Fits wheel base up to 48"
- Maximum weight per bicycle: 60 lbs.
- Security provided by lock to secure rack to the vehicle plus locking cable to secure bikes to rack
This product was added to our catalog on July 22, 2021