Rocky Mounts employed components of their premium SplitRail hitch rack to develop the MonoRail 2-bike hitch rack for the more budget-minded cyclist. The MonoRail is available in both 1.25" receiver hitch and 2" receiver hitch versions to carry two bikes. The 2" receiver hitch version is also able to accommodate the addition of the MonoRail Single Bike Add-On tray (purchase separately, Nashbar item # RM-MR1) to increase the rack's carrying capacity to three bikes.
The MonoRail is also impressively versatile in its ability to carry bikes with wheel sizes ranging from 20" to 29" and the ability to transport fat bikes with tire widths up to 5.0". With a load arm attachment over the front wheel and a rear wheel strap, the bike-to-rack attachment mechanism completely eliminates frame contact. The rack is able to fold upright when not in use and also can fold away from the vehicle to make it easier for rear vehicle access. Furthermore, the MonoRail includes a lock pod to secure the rack to the vehicle as well as a locking cable that secures the bikes to the rack.
- Two bike carrying capacity
- Rack folds upright when not in use, folds away from vehicle for rear access
- No frame contact - bikes secured via load arm over front wheel and rear wheel strap
- Choose from 1.25" receiver hitch or 2" receiver hitch versions
- 2" receiver hitch version can accommodate addition of MonoRail Single Bike Add-On tray (sold separately) to carry a third bike
- Compatible with 20" - 29" wheels
- Compatible with tires up to 5.0" wide
- Fits wheel base up to 48"
- 13" spacing between bikes and 3" side-to-side adjustment provides plenty of room between bikes
- 60 lb. maximum weight per bike for 2-bike rack, 40 lb. maximum weight per bike for rack when carrying 3 bikes with Add-On tray
- Security provided by lock to secure rack to the vehicle plus locking cable to secure bikes to rack
- Chromoly hitch tube is lightweight and corrosion-resistant
- Anti-wobble hitch pin keeps rack solid and secure
- Assembled rack weight: 39 lbs.
This product was added to our catalog on March 6, 2019