Shimano's eagerly anticipated re-vamp of the esteemed Ultegra group is now upon us, and the CS-HG800 11-speed cassette is the one option that's a real game changer for mixed terrain riders with its 11-34T range. Not only do you have the widest range Ultegra cassette offered - perfect for meeting the demands of gravel and dirt road adventures - but the added beauty of this cassette's design means you can use it on 10-speed freehub bodies. Just like the design of Shimano's 11-speed mountain bike cassettes, the cantilevered largest cog doesn't require a slightly wider, 11-speed freehub body. What this also means is that this cassette works fine on an 11-speed freehub body - all you need to do is use the included spacer to take up the extra width. It also means you can run this cassette on 29er wheels so you can swap those wheels back and forth between the 29er and your disc brake gravel bike.
The cogs are nickel-plated steel for superb durability while the aluminum spiders and lockring help shave grams. And of course, the tooth profiles and shifting gates ensure crisp, smooth shifting that Shimano's 11-speed drivetrains are known for.
- Nickel-plated steel cogs plus aluminum spider and lockring strike an optimal balance for durability and weight savings
- Cogs' tooth shape and design makes for super-smooth gear changes
- Compatible with Shimano 10-speed and 11-speed freehub bodies
- Includes spacer for use on 11-speed road freehub bodies
- 11-34 cassette requires use of longer, mid-cage Ultegra R8000 GS rear derailleur
- Weight: 335 grams
This product was added to our catalog on February 21, 2019