This is a pair of Shimano Ultegra PD-R8000 Carbon SPD-SL Pedals with SPD-SL Cleats. The ultimate goal of Shimano's SPD-SL pedal technology is to transfer more power from the body directly to the bike. Inspired by a Tour de France legend and realized through the legacy of Shimano Systems Engineering, SPD-SL integrates the shoe and pedal so they perform as a single ultra-efficient component.
The extra-wide low-profile cleat and binding mechanism creates a highly stable interface between the shoe and pedal, in a super lightweight design. No wasted movement. No loss to flex, voids or mismatched shoe/pedal designs. It's why so many Pro Tour and serious riders use SPD-SL.
- Durable and lightweight carbon composite body
- Extra-wide platform for maximum efficient transfer of power
- Low stack height, -0.7mm lower than PD-6800
- Wide bearing placement for stable, uniform load distribution
- Adjustable entry and release tension settings
- Includes yellow 6 degree float cleats (SM-SH11)
- 4mm longer version is great for riders who need the extra shoe clearance or wider stance
Pedal Type: Road
Cleat Interface: Shimano SPD-SL
Cleats Included: Yes
Pedal Clips: Single-Sided Clip In
Pedal Configuration: Clip Only
Body Material: Carbon Fiber
Spindle Size: 9/16" (Standard)
Spindle Material: Chromoly Steel
Weight: 248g (Pair)
This product was added to our catalog on March 1, 2019
These are pro-level pedals, and it shows in stiffness. You may find these more difficult to clip into and out of than the entry-level SPD-SL or the 105’s. I recommend setting the tension to the minimum; my pair were two spins tighter than minimum. When you’re outside or on a trainer, it’s not that bad, as your weight and gravity help you clip in and out, but they will definitely feel more stiff than you’ll expect if you’re unfamiliar with them.