Diamondback Haanjo Trail 24 Youth Gravel Bike - 2016
Save $350.00 (47%) $400.00 MSRP $750.00
The Haanjo's JR frame is made from 6061 T6 aluminum tubing, the alloy of choice for mid-to-high-end road and mountain bikes because it's light, can be shaped for strength, and delivers years of tough, rugged dependability because it won't corrode. A robust head tube provides excellent steering response, control, and road absorption. And the frame affords the rider a more comfortable riding position.
The Haanjo Trail is equipped with some of Shimano's finest components that are built with the kind of rugged dependability you want on your youngster's gravel-grinder adventure or neighborhood adventure. Shimano Claris 8-speed components put them in control of all the gearing options they'll need no matter what kind of road they explore. An alloy crankset, with the ideal combination of 46/36T chainrings, propels the rider across pavement or trail.
A Junior Equip saddle offers a comfortable supporting perch to enjoy the ride, and alloy disc-brake wheels provide a lightweight and durable set of wheels that aren't intimidated by unimproved country roads or a rough city street. The Haanjo Trail 24's excellent all-weather stopping power is thanks to the Tektro Mira mechanical system with 140mm rotors front and rear, respectively.
This is probably one of the most versatile bikes you'll ever own, and is perfect for everything from exploring hard-pack to touring and commuting and light trail riding. DB JR. alloy Flaro road handlebars, DB 3D forged stem with a +/-7° rise, an alloy micro-adjust seatpost, and 24x 1-3/8" knobby tires complete the Haanjo Trail 24 and make it a steady, and fun, performer on any ride.
- 6061 Aluminum frame is light, strong, corrosion resistant
- Disc brakes have excellent modulation and superior all-weather stopping power
- Geometry is perfect for comfort riding, all-terrain riding, commuting, and fitness
- Shimano Claris 8-speed drivetrain for smooth, responsive shifting
- Alloy wheels are durable, lightweight and fast
- Kenda K-161 Kross Cyclo, 24x1 3/8" tire size is comfortable, and goes from pavement to gravel to dirt effortlessly